News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach Service Changes January 2017

Started by Adam 404, November 09, 2016, 06:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

PD0000479/305 - MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LTD T/A STAGECOACH MIDLANDS, MAIN ROAD, FAR COTTON, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8ES

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Bilton and Magna Park given service number 8 effective from 01-Jan-2017.

Adam 404

Nuneaton
Service 41 Nuneaton - Kingsbury
The 0710 College Days only journey from Kingsbury will be revised to start from Atherstone Bus Station at 0744.

Service 48 Coventry - Bedworth - Nuneaton - Atherstone / Tamworth - Hinckley / Leicester
The 1617 College / Schooldays journey from Coventry to Kingsbury journey will now terminate at Atherstone bus Station plus some other minor timing changes.

Service 766 / 767 Red Deeps - Nuneaton - Atherstone - Birch Coppice -Tamworth
The section of route between Nuneaton Bus Station and Red Deeps will be withdrawn and some of the less well used journeys on the main service will be withdrawn.

Rugby
Service 4: Admirals Estate - Bilton -- Rugby - Brownsover
Some late evening Friday journeys will be withdrawn as a result of poor usage.  All late evening journeys will continue to run on Saturdays.

Service 8: Admirals Estate - Rugby - Magna Park
Service withdrawn as a result of minimal usage

Service 9: Newton Leys - Clifton upon Dunsmore - Rugby - Rokeby Estate
The extensions to / from Elliots Field are withdrawn and the 1830 Rugby North Street to Orson Leys - Rokeby Estate - Rugby Town Centre circular journey withdrawn on Mondays to Saturdays plus a few other minor timetable changes

Service 10: Coton Park - Rugby - Dirft - Middlemoor - Daventry - Monksmoor
Minor timetable changes

Service 13: Rugby - Dunchurch - Braunston
Service withdrawn as a result of minimal usage

Source: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/blog/archives/alerts/forthcoming-changes-to-public-bus-services-in-nuneatonatherstonebedworthkingsbury-area-from-1st-january-2016
http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/blog/archives/alerts/forthcoming-changes-to-rugby-public-bus-services-from-1st-january-2017

Ally

Quote from: Adam 404 on December 01, 2016, 04:06:20 PM
Nuneaton
Service 41 Nuneaton - Kingsbury
The 0710 College Days only journey from Kingsbury will be revised to start from Atherstone Bus Station at 0744.

Service 48 Coventry - Bedworth - Nuneaton - Atherstone / Tamworth - Hinckley / Leicester
The 1617 College / Schooldays journey from Coventry to Kingsbury journey will now terminate at Atherstone bus Station plus some other minor timing changes.

Service 766 / 767 Red Deeps - Nuneaton - Atherstone - Birch Coppice -Tamworth
The section of route between Nuneaton Bus Station and Red Deeps will be withdrawn and some of the less well used journeys on the main service will be withdrawn.

None of those surprise me, they are all completely dead runs, the 48 only takes passengers as far as Baddesley beyond Atherstone, which the 766 will cover. The 767 Red Deeps - Nuneaton section was only ever used by me or the occasional Stagecoach driver in the mornings (and not at all since April), they should have kept to the original plan and started at Bedworth where it could have meant an additional town gaining a link to Birch Coppice.

STILL waiting on the Sunday 48/56 changes though...
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Dutsey

What is the usage like on the 48 to Tamworth on a Sunday? I am surprised the odd Atherstone journey is not pushed to Tamworth in the normal week.

Dennis

Quote from: Dutsey on January 19, 2017, 02:13:28 PM
What is the usage like on the 48 to Tamworth on a Sunday? I am surprised the odd Atherstone journey is not pushed to Tamworth in the normal week.

Why, when there is already a 65 and a 766?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dennis on January 26, 2017, 10:42:43 PM
Why, when there is already a 65 and a 766?

Provides links from Coventry to Tamworth, plus provides competition against Arriva.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Adam 404

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 27, 2017, 12:55:46 AM
Provides links from Coventry to Tamworth, plus provides competition against Arriva.
The only problem is that the 766 doesn't really run a flat hourly service (It varies) and it interworks (under my understanding) with 762 & 763 services in parts.
The 766 is more designed for Ocado workers in Birch Coppice.

In addition, the 48 takes a largely different route on a Sunday to the 766. If they were to merge the service, they would ideally need to have a full review in the area.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk