News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chase Bus

Started by Michael Bevan, August 25, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Just been reading this article online about a new company in Staffordshire. I hope it goes well for the guy.

http://m.staffordshirenewsletter.co.uk/rugeley-man-hopes-to-set-up-new-bus-company/story-29647720-detail/story.html

Solo1

Wonder if the livery will be that of the former chase
bus service

BusFan94

Very Smart do you know if they might operate to Wolverhampton
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Steveminor

Is this serious "cityfox'

BusFan94

Just looking again What are kidding I mean unless it is an ex Cityfox bus perhaps it would make scenes but otherwise your kidding.
Busfan94🚏
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Adam 404

Quote from: BusFan94 on August 25, 2016, 05:40:51 PM
Just looking again What are kidding I mean unless it is an ex Cityfox bus perhaps it would make scenes but otherwise your kidding.
CityFox is some fictional bus company based in Bristol...

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3284.0

@Steveminor , If they do manage to run a service, Chase Bus and its manager may well be quite well liked to passengers but it is the viability of the idea which I am questioning over.

I don't think that £70,000 is enough as I always thought that you had to have £100,000 of spare cash lying about. I may be wrong though...

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on August 25, 2016, 04:51:04 PM
Is this serious "cityfox'

Cityfox 'photoshop buses to/from the centre' - fantasy bus operations here to take your there..........

Phil Stockley is involved now, of course it's serious.

BusFan94

Busfan94🚏
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Stuharris 6360

Is this Rhys Hand again?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

Cityfox stafford lol

Stu

Getting back to topic, this venture is probably a lot more genuine than that of the so-called CityFox operation, so perhaps people should be a bit more supportive and less dismissive.

Having read some of the criticism levelled at Arriva in Cannock/Stafford, I'd think certain members of the forum would be more welcoming to any new potential bus operator in that area. I wish him the best of luck and hope it works out.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Now is not a good time to consider setting up a new bus company no matter how bad Arriva provisions are. The current climate favours the big bus groups, with smaller operators ceasing trading, finding it hard to make a profit & being expected to make fleet upgrades due to emission rulings / accessibility etc

The main concerns of this project ever getting off the ground are:

1. The guy has no money to put in & is looking for a business loan for the full amount
2. He currently works at Tesco suggesting he may not have any experience of running a bus company.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2016, 09:01:23 PM
Now is not a good time to consider setting up a new bus company no matter how bad Arriva provisions are. The current climate favours the big bus groups, with smaller operators ceasing trading, finding it hard to make a profit & being expected to make fleet upgrades due to emission rulings / accessibility etc

The main concerns of this project ever getting off the ground are:

1. The guy has no money to put in & is looking for a business loan for the full amount
2. He currently works at Tesco suggesting he may not have any experience of running a bus company.

Well that's not going to be very hopefull then, can't see a bank giving him a loan for 100% considering the current economic conditions, and can you see the TC letting him run routes, unless he can afford a Traffic Manager which he can't.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk