News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

University of Wolverhampton

Started by Ashley 60171, February 18, 2016, 05:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: Nathan on April 12, 2016, 03:59:07 PM
Wolverhampton University have all over white MCV bodied Volvo B5TL Demo BF65 WHZ on evaluation for use on its University services.

A bit late but this bus has been returned to Volvo on Monday 18th April 2016.

DJ

I'll be starting at the university in a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to use the shuttle buses, which is a bonus. I always see them around the city centre, but you tend to hear them first. Have Tempo's always been that loud or is it something with the ones at the UoW?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

P419 EJW

Quote from: DJ98 on September 11, 2017, 09:41:22 PM
I'll be starting at the university in a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to use the shuttle buses, which is a bonus. I always see them around the city centre, but you tend to hear them first. Have Tempo's always been that loud or is it something with the ones at the UoW?

Just don't expect the buses to be on time or get a seat... Walsall Line is always full. Telford is dead. It used to annoy me was that sometimes they put an Optare Solo on the Walsall Line. ::)

DJ

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 12, 2017, 07:58:32 AM
Just don't expect the buses to be on time or get a seat... Walsall Line is always full. Telford is dead. It used to annoy me was that sometimes they put an Optare Solo on the Walsall Line. ::)

I won't need to use them much, since I've got an mTicket from the uni too until April. I'd probably have better luck just getting the 529 if I needed to get to Walsall for whatever reason. Do they still have the Solo? It looked in bad shape from the picture on the main site.

P419 EJW

Quote from: DJ98 on September 12, 2017, 12:56:35 PM
I won't need to use them much, since I've got an mTicket from the uni too until April. I'd probably have better luck just getting the 529 if I needed to get to Walsall for whatever reason. Do they still have the Solo? It looked in bad shape from the picture on the main site.

Yes, they still have the Solo.

DJ

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 18, 2017, 09:52:25 PM
Yes, they still have the Solo.

Does it get used much these days? I've never seen it in the city centre but I haven't been to Wolverhampton too much in the past.

Walsall1955

I believe that the Solo is owned by Wolverhampton Science Park (in which the University have a financial connection) and itappears to be used generally as a stand in for one of the regular buses if unavailable.
I have seen the Solo in use about a month ago.

P419 EJW

University of Wolverhampton will have new double decker buses in November.

DJ

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 07, 2017, 10:25:02 AM
University of Wolverhampton will have new double decker buses in November.

Hmm, interesting, are there any specific details about which ones, and will they replace the Tempos?

Talking about the Tempos, if they are being replaced, I'll have to remember to catch one in the near future.

P419 EJW

Quote from: DJ98 on October 07, 2017, 11:04:37 AM
Hmm, interesting, are there any specific details about which ones, and will they replace the Tempos?

Talking about the Tempos, if they are being replaced, I'll have to remember to catch one in the near future.

Here is a picture of one of the new buses.

I would guess they may replace the Tempos. I'll ask the guy on Monday. Tbh, if I were you, I'd get the Tempos this month just to be on the safe side.

DJ

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 07, 2017, 11:49:08 AM
Here is a picture of one of the new buses.

I would guess they may replace the Tempos. I'll ask the guy on Monday. Tbh, if I were you, I'd get the Tempos this month just to be on the safe side.

Ooh, they look nice to be honest. I would've guessed they'd be MetroDeckers, since they've gone with Optares in the past, but I guess not.

I was gonna pop up to Telford to grab some things from the CeX there sometime next week, so I'll check out the Tempos then.

P419 EJW

Quote from: DJ98 on October 07, 2017, 12:14:21 PM
Ooh, they look nice to be honest. I would've guessed they'd be MetroDeckers, since they've gone with Optares in the past, but I guess not.

I was gonna pop up to Telford to grab some things from the CeX there sometime next week, so I'll check out the Tempos then.

UoW had 5 T reg Volvo B6BLEs before the Optare Tempos came in the fleet.

Was surprised because the demos they had were:

YJ65 EPU - https://flic.kr/p/FwFboD
BF65 WHZ - https://flic.kr/p/FnKxZb

Tony

DJ

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2017, 03:17:32 PM
https://busesandbits.smugmug.com/Heysham-Docks-201516-and-some-/Heysham-Docks-21-10-2017/i-gnvqC8s/A

Do you know if the uni's only getting the two, or are there still more to follow?

If it's just them two, then I presume they could be keeping some or all of the Tempos too?

Quote from: DJ98 on October 21, 2017, 03:56:15 PM
Do you know if the uni's only getting the two, or are there still more to follow?

If it's just them two, then I presume they could be keeping some or all of the Tempos too?
3 where sighted this morning on the Bay Gateway.
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/m6-bus-deliveries-23-10-2017.156101/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk