News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Extension

Started by wembley86, September 03, 2015, 06:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewLee

Quote from: Steveminor on February 20, 2016, 09:49:02 AM
@AndrewLee what's the point of planning a tram route for 2065 by then the driverless car technology that is advancing increasingly quickly will have been fully rolled out & hardly anyone will need public transport.

My comment was supposed to be tongue in cheek. Satirising the time it's taken just to do the current extension.

Seriously though, I think you're absolutely right. I'm against driverless cars personally. Except for the Knight Industries Two Thousand!!

wembley86

Quote from: Adam 404 on February 18, 2016, 06:38:14 PM
http://centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2016/spring-opening-for-next-leg-of-city-centre-tram-extension/
The City Centre extension is now due to open in Spring.
"Work has already begun on extending the route on from New Street Station to Centenary Square with services expected to start running in 2019."
"The route of another extension through Digbeth has also been finalised, running from Bull Street via Albert Street and on to the forthcoming HS2 high speed rail station at Curzon Street."

Amey/Seven Trent are doing the water pipes still on broad street.

wembley86

When works start on Pinifold St up to the town hall,  who ever Centro gets to lay the track should work around the clock as there are no houses and the shops close by 6pm.  So there is no one to annoy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk