News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Extension

Started by wembley86, September 03, 2015, 06:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 01, 2015, 09:48:39 PM
I can't see the extension opening until well into the new year, to close to Christmas now for it to happen!

I'll second that!

uniquicity

They were working at Snow Hill at 10.30 on Saturday night when I went through. Pushed for time obviously...

Adam 404

This BBC Article shows how the new extension is causing delays.

Stu

I haven't been into the city centre yet to see this in action but come on, there are signs and the trams are big bright pink noisy vehicles so not easy to miss!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Adam 404

Quote from: Stu on December 08, 2015, 07:07:19 PM
I haven't been into the city centre yet to see this in action but come on, there are signs and the trams are big bright pink noisy vehicles so not easy to miss!
Does the man at 25 Seconds want a high fiz jacket placed over each tram? And the women just before... Does she want a load of mirrors around all the corners? Are they unaware of the time it has already took to get to this stage and stop complaining about there own ignorance to put there life at risk deliberately where it is clear that there is a tram crossing there...

Stuharris 6360

Just typical, can't wait for the tram to pass, becuase they need those extra few seconds in life to do other things!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

Sometimes I think some members of the general public need to be wrapped in bubble wrap to stop them hurting themselves lol

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on December 08, 2015, 09:04:58 PM
Sometimes I think some members of the general public need to be wrapped in bubble wrap to stop them hurting themselves lol

Thats very true, plus its the claim culture these days as well, can't wait for tram to pass so walk in front of it, either crosses and no injury, or the tram hits them and they claim.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

Yeah but if you're head & neck are now lying on opposite sidsh es of the street you ain't going to be able to ring the cash for claims hotline lol

Adam 404

http://centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2016/spring-opening-for-next-leg-of-city-centre-tram-extension/
The City Centre extension is now due to open in Spring.
"Work has already begun on extending the route on from New Street Station to Centenary Square with services expected to start running in 2019."
"The route of another extension through Digbeth has also been finalised, running from Bull Street via Albert Street and on to the forthcoming HS2 high speed rail station at Curzon Street."

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Adam 404 on February 18, 2016, 06:38:14 PM
http://centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2016/spring-opening-for-next-leg-of-city-centre-tram-extension/
The City Centre extension is now due to open in Spring.
"Work has already begun on extending the route on from New Street Station to Centenary Square with services expected to start running in 2019."
"The route of another extension through Digbeth has also been finalised, running from Bull Street via Albert Street and on to the forthcoming HS2 high speed rail station at Curzon Street."

Absolute disgrace, next thing you know it will be Summer!!

AndrewLee

Just seen the report on Midlands Today.

It'll be running to the airport by 2065...

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 18, 2016, 10:36:09 PM
Absolute disgrace, next thing you know it will be Summer!!

Despite naysaying, remember that I said back in December 2014 on this very forum that it wouldn't open by the end of last year.

I'm now of the opinion that my youngest will be starting senior school (this September) before a service tram serves New Street station....

Steveminor

@AndrewLee what's the point of planning a tram route for 2065 by then the driverless car technology that is advancing increasingly quickly will have been fully rolled out & hardly anyone will need public transport.

RW

Quote from: Steveminor on February 20, 2016, 09:49:02 AM
@AndrewLee what's the point of planning a tram route for 2065 by then the driverless car technology that is advancing increasingly quickly will have been fully rolled out & hardly anyone will need public transport.
Oh dear!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk