News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Extension

Started by wembley86, September 03, 2015, 06:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wembley86

At the end of july/early august balfour beatty put up the frame for the bull st stop and no other work on that stop as been done since,

Gareth

I wouldn't worry too much, there's still a lot of other things to do. Such as finishing track work, traction poles and overhead wiring being the most important.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Gareth on September 03, 2015, 06:58:57 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, there's still a lot of other things to do. Such as finishing track work, traction poles and overhead wiring being the most important.

Seems the bases for poles are starting to go in around Colmore Circus

Stevo

There are eyelets for overhead wires on several buildings in Upper Bull Street and pole bases alongside Snow Hill station and in Corporation Street.

horsencart

And Stephenson Street (on the building)

Quote from: Stevo on September 07, 2015, 05:18:59 PM
There are eyelets for overhead wires on several buildings in Upper Bull Street and pole bases alongside Snow Hill station and in Corporation Street.

Stevo

The first poles were erected in Corporation st last week.

Other Walsall Tony

At least two span wires in Corporation St, near Berry St
Tony

Tony

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on October 17, 2015, 10:02:55 PM

There are span wires in Stephenson Street as well

wembley86

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on October 17, 2015, 10:02:55 PM

Are these wire related to metro or the christmas lights the BCC put up this time of year

Tony

Quote from: wembley86 on October 18, 2015, 09:52:39 AM
Are these wire related to metro or the christmas lights the BCC put up this time of year

Well they have never stuck great big green poles up to put the Christmas lights on before

Roy

I've heard from a reliable source that the line will open to the Bull Street stop on 6 December.  However, it will not stop at the new Snow Hill stop as it won't be ready in time.  Only a small number of drivers will be route trained over the extension so trams will change drivers at St Paul's.  The date for the full extension to New Street station has still to be decided as it has been decided that driver training over the full route is not advisable while the German Market is operating.

wembley86

Quote from: Roy on November 01, 2015, 08:54:10 AM
I've heard from a reliable source that the line will open to the Bull Street stop on 6 December.  However, it will not stop at the new Snow Hill stop as it won't be ready in time.  Only a small number of drivers will be route trained over the extension so trams will change drivers at St Paul's.  The date for the full extension to New Street station has still to be decided as it has been decided that driver training over the full route is not advisable while the German Market is operating.
Heard training was to be done at night time along the route,

Gareth

Quote from: Roy on November 01, 2015, 08:54:10 AM

Can't see why not, they'll have to run down there next year while the market is on. Also do drivers really need to be route trained? Down Bull street, right onto Corpration Street and right onto Stephenson Street. There route training done. 😜

Bryan

Quote from: Gareth on November 01, 2015, 04:30:09 PM
Can't see why not, they'll have to run down there next year while the market is on. Also do drivers really need to be route trained? Down Bull street, right onto Corpration Street and right onto Stephenson Street. There route training done. 😜

I'm not an expert but yes. Speed control and not expecting someone to walk in-front of you with no warning is an issue. Also approaching New Street's station incline at to high a speed could result in  a serious accident.

Stuharris 6360

I can't see the extension opening until well into the new year, to close to Christmas now for it to happen!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk