News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Most Impressive Bus Maneuverability

Started by GeminiFan1991, July 16, 2015, 04:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

The title probably isn't the best although I find I'm often impressed how buses particular double decker buses negotiate roads with ease. I used to think drivers would have their eyes stuck to the mirrors whilst performing the feats although from I've seen they make it look easy so I thought I'll compile a thread which dedicates the maneuverability of the bus !

I used to think the High Street Deritend --> Heath Mill Lane (97/A) was impressive before seeing AG's Geminis in action in Hall Green and Gospel Oak (5/31)

Anyone got anything better ?! Feel free to share.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

karl724223

Weaving in and out of parked cars on 222 route

AV4248

I'd probably add the 53 route to this aswell.

GeminiFan1991

I also think the 37 entering and leaving Olton Station deserves a mention, talk about tight corning.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Liberator9

Few contenders for this  :)

When NX ran the 40C, there was a tight island to navigate round outside the cricket club - had to leave the island at the third exit. Really tight for a B6, let alone the usual B10Ls used on the route, or the occasional Wright Eclipse Urban 2!

The 27 and 76 have a fairly tight right turn into Avenue Road, off Vicarage Road in the westbound direction; even worse is when the 11A and 35 rarely have to go on diversion to avoid Kings Heath High Street (e.g closed High Street due to crash etc.) . They have to turn left into Avenue Road from Vicarage which is a real tight one with bollards in the middle of the road entrance, and metal poles on the pavement! No room for error otherwise it's a dented side.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk