News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 01, 2015, 09:00:12 PM
Is the extension still due to open before the end of the year!

I've not read anything recently that indicates otherwise, but I will be amazed if it does.

uniquicity

Snow Hill is not being served for 6 weeks now, not 3 from 25th October.

Replacement bus service is planned apparently; not sure if this means hop on the 16, 46 or 74/75 or whether it is a separate service

midlandred2003

Tram 36 was on test at St Pauls today.

wembley86

Quote from: uniquicity on October 05, 2015, 06:16:37 PM
Snow Hill is not being served for 6 weeks now, not 3 from 25th October.

Replacement bus service is planned apparently; not sure if this means hop on the 16, 46 or 74/75 or whether it is a separate service

The 6 weeks include testing and the commissioning stage,  so w/c 7th December could be the first trams back on the streets of birmingham.   

horsencart

AV4248

Quote from: horsencart on October 05, 2015, 09:31:27 PM
This may help

They were handing out leaflets about this at the Snow Hill stop this morning, don't think too many tram passengers were impressed!
Hopefully the works finish as scheduled, would be interesting to see how it all ends up, especially around the Christmas period.

Stuharris 6360

Still can't see it being open before Christmas!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

AV4248

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 05, 2015, 10:02:09 PM
Still can't see it being open before Christmas!

Ha ha! @Stuharris 6360 Knowing how long they've taken to do the extension so far I wouldn't be too surprised if it isn't open by then as well, mind you I suppose a lot of testing needs to be done on the line before it opens really so it could carry on longer than planned.

wembley86

Quote from: AV4248 on October 05, 2015, 10:15:30 PM
Ha ha! @Stuharris 6360 Knowing how long they've taken to do the extension so far I wouldn't be too surprised if it isn't open by then as well, mind you I suppose a lot of testing needs to be done on the line before it opens really so it could carry on longer than planned.
i think they will run a ghost service once they have connected from st pauls - new line,  Run empty from st pauls - new st and back to st pauls then normal line of route

the trainbasher

I'm willing to bet (in £) the amount of UKIPs MPs on the remaining tram works not being completed prior to Christmas Day

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

AV4248

One of the trams was on test today, think it was 36. Saw it stationary not doing much in Snow Hill earlier.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: wembley86 on October 05, 2015, 09:01:28 PM
The 6 weeks include testing and the commissioning stage,  so w/c 7th December could be the first trams back on the streets of birmingham.
Will the former platform 4 be returned to Network Rail?
Tony

midlandred2003

D10

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on October 10, 2015, 08:20:07 PM
Will the former platform 4 be returned to Network Rail?

I was at a rail users forum earlier this year and the Centro Manager attending couldn't confirm say that platform 4 would actually be reinstated for use by trains, just that it would be handed back to Network Rail!

I said that I had thought that the Metro City Centre extension plan had specifically included in it that the cost of the works to reinstate platform 4 for trains, but got a response that no it didn't  >:(

Stuharris 6360

Platform 4 would certainly be valuable as extra space when the service has gone wrong, don't know the track layout well, but could it be used for terminating Chilterns or LMs, save blocking a through platform?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk