News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

End of the T69s

Started by Stevo, March 18, 2015, 06:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroT69

Urbos -33  New to passenger service today  /    only three T69s left for service .

WMT3000

10 & 16 in service at the mo. 08 is in snow hill presumably failed.

Ashley 60171

Friday 26th

10 and 16 with possibly a third out

Eric Shaw

08, 10 and 16 all out today. I travelled on 23 to Wolverhampton this morning and it had to shut down for a rest at Priestfield. I don't know if it was overheating, but a tram from Spain should be able to cope with a bit of hot weather.

Bryan

Both 10 and 16 out today, in service before 09:00 and both working until at least mid-afternoon, when I got off no. 10.

Stevo

10 and 16 out on Wed 8th. In another thread we're told 37 has arrived. 21 Urboses and they still need two T69s!

AV4248

Didn't see any T69's when out on the tram earlier have the remaining ones been officially withdrawn yet?

MetroT69

The last two remaining T69s have been very rare to see at all over the last two weeks.
Full daytime urbos3 has been the order of the day.

Both 10-16 have had there very last exam  .   they will be withdrawn very soon before the
End of the month. 

Urbos 20 is now a spares donor so will not be seen for so time.

Urbos 17 is in the shed  and is being made fit to be out on the mainline soon. With help of Some spares taken  from 20 .

Gareth

Isn't using a brand new tram as a spares donor an expensive way of doing things?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Gareth on July 20, 2015, 11:28:18 AM
Isn't using a brand new tram as a spares donor an expensive way of doing things?

Depends on if the manufacturer has a parts shortage

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MetroT69

I think with most rail vehicles the first one is always the last to enter service and is also the one to stripped of parts if needed
also used has test bed not only out on the rail but at the depot for staff /drivers/conductors and especially  maintenance
staff to take items off and seeing how they go back on again!

17 has been out driver training in summer 2013  but soon went back in the depot has faults started to surface on other trams out.
software problems have been the main problem and 17 was used to constantly test and upgrade the software and while while in the depot a few parts were  taken from it  for other trams needing bits .

The depot does have many spares for the urbos 3 ,there are a crate of pantographs ,several new spare bogies  but to have two or three of every main item that a trams is made up off would take up a large amount of space (not forgetting the depot is still full of T69 spares ,there are a few  T69 bogies in the main depot shed  alone)
  There was a spate of windows broken not long ago & 23 was involved in an incidence with a vehicle on the road section  which didnt do the front end to good , these sudden items that have to needed to keep trams working a drastic decision  sometimes means A tram , is used has a spares doner while parts are ordered from spain .

At the moment a  team bought over from spain is now putting 17 back to working order (although this will only be to run has  mileage accumulation)  not in passenger service yet  :o   Urbos3   35 is currently out testing.

T69-  10 Was out today till 11.50am then was replaced by Urbos 19 at wed/prk while running north bound. 

Photos of Tram 17 Arriving at the depot ,and testing for the first time in the depot yard.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=87323&page=6

Some video  of urbos3 Driver training when new  17 is in there some were .

T69s and urbos3

And the way it used to be .....No urbos3 at all.

;)

Stevo

I passed 10 and 16 both in service this morning.

Eric Shaw

All new trams out today plus 35 out on test with the seats still covered in plastic.

Stevo

All Urbos yesterday, but 16 was visible in the depot with what looked like yellow railings on the roof. Is it being converted to a works car?

Alex

Tram 10 has been out today, would've departed Wton St Georges at 0955. Rare to see one out on a Sunday!
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk