News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: 979 on March 07, 2015, 09:40:46 PM
I wonder if there is going to be any ticket branding?

I hope not. Leave the remaining vehicles as is. As much as I think it's good advertising, too much is too much... As for route branding, for such an elegant livery - I must say, I'd agree with @trident4370... I wouldn't exactly say ruined, but through my eyes, it doesn't sit right.

EDIT: ESPECIALLY the 'band', if you will, around the display - a big 'no-no' for me. At least make it the same shape around the display, like the current branding.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: clayderman on March 07, 2015, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: 979 on March 07, 2015, 09:40:46 PM
I wonder if there is going to be any ticket branding?

I hope not. Leave the remaining vehicles as is. As much as I think it's good advertising, too much is too much... As for route branding, for such an elegant livery - I must say, I'd agree with @trident4370... I wouldn't exactly say ruined, but through my eyes, it doesn't sit right.

and the route branding will no doubt be wasted as the buses will be used on most PE routes.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

Quote from: trident4370 on March 07, 2015, 09:42:26 PM
Sorry but that 9 branding looks awful and cheap, ruined a great livery there.

Really! I like it personally. Like you said marmite. I think it's good as it makes a fresh change for fresh buses, I think the green isn't actually that bad, well not as bad as the old green branding.

2015 is going to be a new age in buses. Enviros recieving face lifts, new livery, new branding ,this is it a new era!!

Sorry went on a bit of a tangent

the trainbasher

@Alex I'm remaining tight lipped on weather I was joking or serious On that subject!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rob H

I like the style of the branding looks smart but I agree with @clayderman leave the remaining E400MMC's unbranded.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

trident4370

Quote from: NXDom on March 07, 2015, 09:52:30 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on March 07, 2015, 09:42:26 PM
Sorry but that 9 branding looks awful and cheap, ruined a great livery there.

Really! I like it personally. Like you said marmite. I think it's good as it makes a fresh change for fresh buses, I think the green isn't actually that bad, well not as bad as the old green branding.

2015 is going to be a new age in buses. Enviros recieving face lifts, new livery, new branding ,this is it a new era!!

Sorry went on a bit of a tangent
Yeah it is definitely a marmite branding (accidentally deleted that instead of modifying!) it's not as bad as the old green rubbish but imo nowhere near as good as the current well i guess old now branding style (35,50 etc.). I just think it makes an otherwise expensive looking bus and livery look cheap but clearly some do like it and I guess the idea of branding is to draw attention in well it certainly does that... Maybe with different colour combinations it will look vastly different.

RW

Oh dear the vinyl vandals have been at it again. Classy new livery and look what they do to it.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: RW on March 07, 2015, 10:11:50 PM
Oh dear the vinyl vandals have been at it again. Classy new livery and look what they do to it.

Hear Hear !!!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

The Real 4778

Completely agree.

You get a stylish livery at long last, and then mash completely random shapes and Wacky Warehouse kiddy colours all over it. 

NX marketing team should be sacked for approving it, and the branding expert who came up with it really should give up smoking crack.
Don't you start.

the trainbasher

@The Real 4778 the way I see it is branding like that gets people looking at it gets people who never use the bus on board gets more revenue meaning more new buses.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andrew1991

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 07, 2015, 10:19:43 PM

Completely agree.

You get a stylish livery at long last, and then mash completely random shapes and Wacky Warehouse kiddy colours all over it. 

NX marketing team should be sacked for approving it, and the branding expert who came up with it really should give up smoking crack.

The fact is, the branding is already doing its job. You may not like it but you've certainly noticed it and the fact it sticks out so much will definitely allow intendingpassengers know where the bus is going.

Tony

Completely agree.

The person who designed that branding, and the previous ones, was stood next to me while I was watching it being applied. He says he quite enjoys the comments on here, including the negative ones!

monkeyjoe

I like the branding, can't see the 94 getting any lol.

Liberator9

Really smart buses - even notice the drivers seat have a headrest! The branding is fresh and certainly eye catching. Will stand out to people on the street and make it clear what bus is the 9 - main reason for route branding.

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on March 07, 2015, 10:25:33 PM

Completely agree.

The person who designed that branding, and the previous ones, was stood next to me while I was watching it being applied. He says he quite enjoys the comments on here, including the negative ones!

Honestly I think some comments are so unfair some of the comments as it isn't actually that bad plus the fact if you think it is poor then I challenge you to come up with a branding that a majority of people like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk