News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Do nx not have any manners?

Started by Trident 4194, February 18, 2015, 08:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

There was one time a Diamond driver threatened me just because I photographed his bus, he in no way gave me any signals to say he didn't want the photo taken otherwise I wouldn't have and would have signaled back.

What I did next was wait for him to return, set my camera to video recording mode, made it look like I was taking a photo then recorded the whole conversation where he threatened the ram my camera up my nose, said "come on then" several times whilst going to get out of his cab but then decided to drive away while I was half on the platform. Needless to say Diamond weren't too pleased when I e-mailed them the video! I bet they would have been even less pleased if it had ended up in the hands of the media (but I'm not that mean!).

Every company has it's moody drivers, some are just having off days, some were just born miserable sods - I can name you all of Stagecoach Nuneaton's (not publically of course). One of our drivers at Nuneaton has pulled over to let a guy grab some beers from a local shop before. There is all sorts of various factors to it but also remember that the bigger the company, the more staff there are and therefore there is going to be a higher amount of moody drivers, whereas the smaller companies, particularly the family run ones, are going to be a closer knit team making them more motivated and of course, the moody ones would stand out a mile away and would more than likely be weeded out.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Westy

If drivers react like that, then they have something to hide!

They could be cheating the system for all Joe Public know!

Ally

Quote from: Westy on February 22, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

I've been kindly asked in the past to delete a photo by a driver (not a local company but I won't name anything to protect his identity) who told me he was moonlighting and didn't want to be identified so I happily obliged and let him watch me delete it.
Some drivers do have stuff to hide, it's just a good thing for that Diamond driver that he didn't carry out his threat the first time round because there was a police car with 2 coppers inside parked literally just round the corner... If I had recorded it then, I would have shown the video to them instead.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

Trident 4194

It seems that pensnett have the miserablest drivers. Went on 4226, and he said thankyou. Maybe that's why I'm so stereotypical of NX not having manners.

Westy

Quote from: Ally on February 22, 2015, 04:52:39 PM
Quote from: Westy on February 22, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

I've been kindly asked in the past to delete a photo by a driver (not a local company but I won't name anything to protect his identity) who told me he was moonlighting and didn't want to be identified so I happily obliged and let him watch me delete it.
Some drivers do have stuff to hide, it's just a good thing for that Diamond driver that he didn't carry out his threat the first time round because there was a police car with 2 coppers inside parked literally just round the corner... If I had recorded it then, I would have shown the video to them instead.

How clear was the photo by the way?

Could he have been identified from your photo?

(Still shouldnt have been moonlighting personally! What if someone else had spotted him!)

the trainbasher

I once had a driver from an independent operator who's fleet included at the time orange Alexander bodied darts (who's recently had a PI) attack me because I took a picture of his dart. Reported it to the police in the city centre where this operator is based who claimed it was my fault for taking a photo of his dart in the first place.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

jack5512

when i was in wednsfield taking a photo of a B10 on the 89 the driver saw me get my camara and look at me the nodded at me but covered his eyes and he was total fine with that

Dylan4579

What I don't like is if bus drivers see you running for the bus and drive off.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Dylan4579 on February 22, 2015, 06:44:20 PM
What I don't like is if bus drivers see you running for the bus and drive off.

Great fun! :'D
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Another topic that has run it's course

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk