News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Do nx not have any manners?

Started by Trident 4194, February 18, 2015, 08:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: 4006 on February 18, 2015, 10:23:07 PM
To be fair some of the drivers at WN don't even say good morning or hello to each other never mind the passengers!! agreed there are many ignorant so and so's there but lets face it we live in a ME ME ME world just cause they bus drivers it makes no odds, people are the same in offices, factories, schools...everywhere.. selfish, ignorant, ill manerred idiots this is 2015!!!

But to be fair, in these days of huge garages employing hundreds of drivers I bet a lot of drivers don't know each other from Adam. Or Ahmed. I work in an office that employs several hundred people and I don't say hello to everyone as I don't have a clue who half of them are.

It's unrealistic to expect thanks and gratitude from every driver. When I lived on the 50 route and used it every weekday for 7 years to and from work, I often wanted to punch many of my fellow passengers in the face so I can imagine how drivers must have felt.

the trainbasher

99.9% of NXWM drivers I've had have been significantly friendly

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 18, 2015, 10:43:07 PM
Quote from: mranon on February 18, 2015, 10:32:09 PM
there are some ignorant berks, but then again some really nice helpful drivers at park lane. its a thankless job though nowadays.

Oh and every single passenger isn't an ignorant Berk themselves? I see this swaying into a very one way argument. Frankly I find it laughable that you lot are because someone didn't say thanks. Who really, truly cares? You've got the place you wanted to go and that's it. Do you thank your car every time you get out of it at your destination? Or thank yourself for that matter? Personally (I've vague memories I've said this before... Is this topic a duplicate?) I think its these little petty things which make you blind to the bigger picture. I think you're asking for too much. That poor driver has to sit there and thank over 600 people a day for using a bus? (Regardless of the fact that, in that group, they've also thanked scumbags for travelling for free...) Put it in context guys.

We are keeping them in business though, if it weren't for customers, NX would no longer exist.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 19, 2015, 07:57:05 AM
there are some ignorant berks, but then again some really nice helpful drivers at park lane. its a thankless job though nowadays.

Oh and every single passenger isn't an ignorant Berk themselves? I see this swaying into a very one way argument. Frankly I find it laughable that you lot are because someone didn't say thanks. Who really, truly cares? You've got the place you wanted to go and that's it. Do you thank your car every time you get out of it at your destination? Or thank yourself for that matter? Personally (I've vague memories I've said this before... Is this topic a duplicate?) I think its these little petty things which make you blind to the bigger picture. I think you're asking for too much. That poor driver has to sit there and thank over 600 people a day for using a bus? (Regardless of the fact that, in that group, they've also thanked scumbags for travelling for free...) Put it in context guys.

We are keeping them in business though, if it weren't for customers, NX would no longer exist.

Tell you what then... Do the job yourself for many years and then come back and tell me your opinions on this thread. Don't view the world through rose tinted spectacles.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 19, 2015, 12:32:20 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 19, 2015, 07:57:05 AM

Tell you what then... Do the job yourself for many years and then come back and tell me your opinions on this thread. Don't view the world through rose tinted spectacles.

Ok, I agree about the scum things, how about they only say THankyou if the customer says thankyou

danny

I'm with @Matt and @Liverpool Street, I say thanks to the driver when I get off the bus for getting me from A-B in one piece and always get a "cheers mate" or something along them lines, my two main routes the 120/126 have a mixture of good and bad customers so I would personally wait for the acknowledgment from passenger if I was up the front of a 5 tonne beast, and what's the driver thanking us for?? They've done all the hard work we should show them manners and respect..
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Ashley 60171

quite simply, the youth need to grow a pair, society is a vast spectrum, the minority you'd avoid like the plague, some people have manners, some don't. big (insert watershed words here) deal. You should always look after the driver because the driver looks after you even if there isn't any communication, you've still been polite and grateful, no I don't want a gold star, its just what you should be taught as a kid and stick to forever. Not the best rant you ever did read but there you go

Bryan

I have to say I don't expect any particular greeting when getting on a bus in Birmingham, but having said that when getting off and saying thank you to the driver, it is quite rare not to get a friendly response.

Stuharris 6360

two examples of good customer service today

driver of 4808 on the 9 this morning when a passenger got on bus carrying a can of paint explaining calmly that the can needed to be in a bag and waiting while the man put it in his rucksack and the driver thanking him afterwards

driver of 4347 on the 241 when a bling man and his guide dog got on, asking the man where he wished to get off, waiting for him and the dog to be seated and settled before setting off and when he got to the stop pulling as close to the kerb as close as he possible could for the man to get off!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 19, 2015, 09:41:31 PM

driver of 4808 on the 9 this morning when a passenger got on bus carrying a can of paint explaining calmly that the can needed to be in a bag and waiting while the man put it in his rucksack and the driver thanking him afterwards

driver of 4347 on the 241 when a bling man and his guide dog got on, asking the man where he wished to get off, waiting for him and the dog to be seated and settled before setting off and when he got to the stop pulling as close to the kerb as close as he possible could for the man to get off!

Was it Mr T?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Mike K on February 19, 2015, 10:33:49 PM

Was it Mr T?

:-[ :-[ Blind man!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on February 19, 2015, 10:33:49 PM

Was it Mr T?

Damn it @Mike K you've made me spit my tea out!! Hahaha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

I found a nice driver yesterday, 1665 went past my stop as I got too the corner, so carried on, well because the stops aren't too far apart, I started too run too the next stop, where he was waiting for me

CL

I know it's not NX, but on a rare occasion, I do decide to get on the Diamond 16. Quite a while back, when the main allocation were Hybrid Versas, the driver offered to hold my *bottled* drink, when my hands were 'full'. Honestly, it was nothing, but the driver was very polite. Overall great journey, nonetheless. The Versas are very smooth...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk