News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus station problems

Started by Trident 4194, February 01, 2015, 01:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bob on February 01, 2015, 08:44:49 PM
Dudley bus station has the most disgusting rank public toilets I have ever seen. ...surprisingly theyre not operated by centro

Are they operated by the council then?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Alex

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 01, 2015, 08:54:24 PM
Dudley bus station has the most disgusting rank public toilets I have ever seen. ...surprisingly theyre not operated by centro

If they are, then i am never trusting Sandwell Council with anything, those toilets might as well be ran by the chavs who use them, actually they'd probably clean them more often than current..
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: ARJ2901 on February 01, 2015, 09:00:44 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 01, 2015, 08:54:24 PM

If they are, then i am never trusting Sandwell Council with anything, those toilets might as well be ran by the chavs who use them, actually they'd probably clean them more often than current..

Dudley council surely!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

You want dodgy toilets I'll take your Dudley nomination and raise you a first bristol bus station

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

notepanel

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 01, 2015, 09:10:15 PM
You want dodgy toilets I'll take your Dudley nomination and raise you a first bristol bus station

What's up with Bristols toilets?! I've used them several times, and as public toilets go found them alright!

And to answer a post mentioned earlier, I believe all Centro bus station toilets are maintained by the local council.

Bob

Theyre run by dudley mbc who ought to hang their heads in shame for providing such a dreadful facility. They closed down perfectly clean attended ones in flood street to keep these rank s##tholes running!  I dont see the point in having them there are spotless new attended facilities a one min walk away in castle Street run by the council.  And prior to this there were clean ones in the market place again a couple of hundred yards

the trainbasher

@Bob have you never heard of council cutbacks. I should know what they're like!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Yes of course I know what council cutbacks are, but that doesn't really apply here as Dudley have just built a brand new ( award winning too) set of conveniences so theyre not cutting back in this instance.  Why not just shut the bus station loos now the new ones are open and with the money saved reopen another better block in town?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on March 02, 2015, 09:24:49 PM
Here's an idea let's have music playing in the bus stations like WYMetro have in West Yorkshire. They  already have the facility to do this with speakers installed in bus stations for the announcements.

Can you see Centro paying for the PRS licences?

Bryan

Here's an idea let's have music playing in the bus stations like WYMetro have in West Yorkshire. They  already have the facility to do this with speakers installed in bus stations for the announcements.

Not an idea that would get the thumbs up from me.

Everyone likes different music and it can be very annoying. I remember a supermarket once playing music and it encouraged me to get out asap. If people want to hear music all they have to do is listen to their iPad.

andy

Quote from: Bryan on March 03, 2015, 09:01:01 AM

Not an idea that would get the thumbs up from me.

Everyone likes different music and it can be very annoying. I remember a supermarket once playing music and it encouraged me to get out asap. If people want to hear music all they have to do is listen to their iPad.

Does anybody remember the classical music that used to play on loop in the Bull Ring Bus Station for a few years, circa Midland Express mid to late 80's time? The tune has stuck with me for years....

Ben

Still think that compared to some bus stations, Pool Meadow is good. Don't entirely agree with the stand allocations but otherwise the staff and environment are excellent.

Up here in the north the best one seems to be Chorley (only seen it while passing through on the 570 coach, however).

Preston bus station will be refurbished soon, its not as bad as some would claim it to be. Glad its not being demolished, as the architecture is iconic.

Bolton bus station is just horrid, as is Blackpool Talbot Road.
Manchester Victoria is fairly decent.

the trainbasher

@Matt I've seen it show all 9s to Stourbridge and city There!

Other Walsall Tony

Just for a few days classical music was played at Walsall bus station - 'One fine day' from Madame Butterfly was amongst them.
As for bus station loos, Uttoxeter sets a high standard hard to beat!
Tony

Tara4352

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on March 11, 2015, 06:37:00 PM
Just for a few days classical music was played at Walsall bus station - 'One fine day' from Madame Butterfly was amongst them.
As for bus station loos, Uttoxeter sets a high standard hard to beat!
Heard it too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk