News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike360

It will be good to have another bus running from Northfield to QE Hospital st there is nothing in the evening and weekends and will give the 64 Green Bus competition so what bus will people use but with the £1.00 fare should draw people to the Green Bus. I wonder if they will expand and operate any more routes? The 006 they operated wasn't successful though as it only really had a couple of elderly passengers using it.

Mike360

I wonder why during half term such as this week they only operate the 64 route but not the 50A and 558?

John

Quote from: Mike360 on June 08, 2012, 10:47:58 PM
I wonder why during half term such as this week they only operate the 64 route but not the 50A and 558?

It must be because the 64 is only ran by Green Bus, so no other service is available, as the 558 will be covered by NXWM on the 1 between Dudley and Wolverhampton, and the 50A has the 50 to Maypole.

Mike360

Quote from: John-s-91 on June 08, 2012, 10:54:47 PM
Quote from: Mike360 on June 08, 2012, 10:47:58 PM

It must be because the 64 is only ran by Green Bus, so no other service is available, as the 558 will be covered by NXWM on the 1 between Dudley and Wolverhampton, and the 50A has the 50 to Maypole.

OK thanks for that.

fleetline6477

Passed Green Bus' yard this evening. Is that an ex Rorala Bristol Park & Ride Gemini parked up in the yard? It is certainly the right livery.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Michael on June 06, 2012, 07:57:28 PM
I think some early Wright Eclipse Geminis would be nice, though they cost slightly more as they would be 52 plates.

Bit random but there are actually 51 plate Gemini's, London United have some!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21611052@N02/4039353491/

Tony

Seen yesterday and today out on Green Bus work is ex Rotala Gemini EY 07 AXK

http://wmbusphotos.com/greenbus/EY07AXK.html

Not sure if it is acquired, on loan or in use by someone else under contract as it has no legals and just a piece of paper with the Green Bus logo on and some writing I was unable to read as it went past in heavy rain this morning.

Liberator9

Hope it stays with green bus, be good to see one on the 1 or outside my house on the Camp Hill run!

PM

Why on earth did Rotala sell this bus through ensignbus? They should have transferred it to Preston to replace an olympian there-which are incidentally being refurbished-surely they should just be withdrawn?

swifty

Pretty certain this bus along with another was being held at Volant PVS in Aldridge. It had been brought for use on a park and ride service for Wessex Connect but they were never awarded the tender, so the bus was returned back to them.
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

hartshill busman 724210

Just noticed that green bus are moving on two volvo citybus D10m`s for a fleet upgrade.A good reliable bus type that`s had its day?

hartshill busman 724210

Oh and their  Dennis Lance`s as well.

Mike360

I caught 658 their Volvo today on the 64 and even though I don't like them that much and their ugly I'm still going to miss them. I wonder if they will invest in any new single deckers or just have an entire double decker fleet and get rid of their other dennis lance northern countries single decker?

andy

I used to drive these Volvos when they were at Arriva and I loved them. Probably a little out of date now but very reliable workhorses, the only major problem with them was that the power steering system was prone to dumping it's fluid and leaving you somewhat stuck! I'm sure the mechanics amongst you will give us a few other faults about them but I loved driving them. Admittedly these East Lancs examples were ugly and the lower ceiling height didn't suit everyone, the Northern Counties ones we had were much smarter and more comfortable.

MW

I would have thought they'd become a fully double deck fleet to be more suited to school bus services which often get quite full.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk