News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara4352

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 28, 2014, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: richie on December 28, 2014, 05:25:59 PM
I would extend the 289 to RHH

Withdraw the 297 but re route and re number the 205 to serve current route from DY to Pensnett High oak then along Tansey Green to Gornal Wood then to Kingswinford via PN trading est and Dudley Road.

Why extend it to RHH, enough buses go there now as it is!
I thought  the discussion was about sending more buses to Brichouse farm quite a while back

CL

I tell you what, I'd like to see a Birmingham -> Lichfield service - via Perry Barr. Probably not operated by NXWM, possibly Diamond, or Arriva.

912: Birmingham - Perry Barr - Streetly - Aldridge - Brownhills - then Non-Stop to Lichfield Bus Station, via Sandhills, Springhill & Pipehill.

Just a thought. According to Google Maps, the journey should take around 51 minutes?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

The Fox 4846

Well clayderman I think there should be a service that competes with the 56 operated by NXWM you know as there is no NXWM service on erdington road except on Sunday's.
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

The Fox 4846

Just an idea but...
Have a new division NX Staffordshire serving Tamworth, Lichfield, Burntwood, Cannock, Hednesford, Rugeley & Stafford areas.

OH25

I would like to possibly see the 82 during the day especially when there is traffic along Bearwood Road to do its current route into Bearwood via Sandon Road/Rutland Road (as I know it is changing yet again) and finish there by the banks. Then turn right and go straight back towards Birmingham.

If people complain that the 82 isn't taking them around the corner then they could walk or potentially wait for the 11 or 122 to get there. It could save some 82's from going all the way up to the bus station and also when there is 2 or 3 arriving together, it could create space between them too, which could help maintain the frequency.
Just an idea  :)

Kevin

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on December 29, 2014, 11:49:38 AM
Well clayderman I think there should be a service that competes with the 56 operated by NXWM you know as there is no NXWM service on erdington road except on Sunday's.

Oh yeah of course, Erdington road where hardly anyone catches a bus anyway. Do the current NX offerings of 935/6 not provide enough of a competition against Diamonds 56?

[sarcasm] I know, let's extend everything to Merry Hill [/sarcasm]
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on December 29, 2014, 11:53:37 AM
Just an idea but...
Have a new division NX Staffordshire serving Tamworth, Lichfield, Burntwood, Cannock, Hednesford, Rugeley & Stafford areas.

Almost happened a few years back when Arriva were going to sell their cannock operation to them....dont know which end pulled out or why it never happened.

andy

Just an idea but...

Yes and perhaps while they're at it they should create a division for Stoke On Trent, Hereford and Worcester, Rugby, Stratford, Leamington and Nuneaton infact why stop there, just run every other large operator off the road and have one bus operator for the whole of the UK and sack everyone else off.

What are you on? Have you doubled the dose??

Tara4352

Quote from: andy on December 30, 2014, 06:35:32 PM
Just an idea but...

Yes and perhaps while they're at it they should create a division for Stoke On Trent, Hereford and Worcester, Rugby, Stratford, Leamington and Nuneaton infact why stop there, just run every other large operator off the road and have one bus operator for the whole of the UK and sack everyone else off.

What are you on? Have you doubled the dose??

I think National Express is a good operator but operators such as diamond and arriva deserve a chance

richie

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 28, 2014, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: richie on December 28, 2014, 05:25:59 PM
I would extend the 289 to RHH

Withdraw the 297 but re route and re number the 205 to serve current route from DY to Pensnett High oak then along Tansey Green to Gornal Wood then to Kingswinford via PN trading est and Dudley Road.

Why extend it to RHH, enough buses go there now as it is!

Maintains a main road link from MHC and pleases the good people of mushroom green

Alex

Just something i was thinking of just, but:

If you think about it, on Sundays, the Manor hospital isn't too well connected as you only have the 335 that runs, the 38 and 336 don't have any form of Sunday service. If you compare that to New Cross Hospital where you have an hourly 28E connecting the hospital grounds to Wood End, New Invention and Willenhall, as well as a 59 to Ashmore Park and Wolverhampton every 9 minutes and an 89 to New Invention, Bloxwich, Pelsall and Walsall every hour, which run from outside the gates

Here's my idea:

Have an evening and sunday variant of an existing service (possibly the 40 or 41) which links the Manor Hospital to Bentley or Darlaston, Willenhall and Wolverhampton. The route i would have it take is Walsall Bus Station, St Pauls St, Townend St, Wolverhampton St, Pleck Rd (A4148), Manor Hospital (Stop MF), Moat Rd, Alumwell Rd onto Wolverhampton Rd (A454) then following the 529 route up to Bloxwich Ln then turning onto Churchill Rd to follow the 41 route up to Birchtree Hollow then following the 40 route out of Lodge Farm, then serving Charles St and Stringes Ln onto Lower Lichfield St then down Middlepiece Way onto the B4464 upto the island for the A454 and B4464 that leads on to New St and Vaughan Rd then following the 40 route to Wolverhampton Bus Station,
Have this running every hour to allow a half hour frequency to Willenhall evening and sundays
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

The Fox 4846

Which route would be the best?
994 Birmingham - City Uni - Warren Farm - Kingstanding - Pheasey - Asda Quesslett or
X53 Birmingham - Scott Arms - Kingstanding?

Dutsey

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 29, 2015, 07:51:01 AM
Which route would be the best?
994 Birmingham - City Uni - Warren Farm - Kingstanding - Pheasey - Asda Quesslett or
X53 Birmingham - Scott Arms - Kingstanding?

Are these not already served enough by the 33, 934, 935, 936, 997, 997E? How many more routes are required?

The Fox 4846

X53: Birmingham - Scott Arms - Kingstanding
Same as X56 to Quesslet road opps Asda then quesslet road to deers leap then down Cooksey lane then Kingstanding road to Kingstanding Circle.(buses torwards B'ham turn left at derrs leap, buses torwards Kingstanding carry on to the island and back up to the deers leap to turn left onto Cooksey lane).

Tony

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 30, 2015, 09:44:40 PM
X53: Birmingham - Scott Arms - Kingstanding
Same as X56 to Quesslet road opps Asda then quesslet road to deers leap then down Cooksey lane then Kingstanding road to Kingstanding Circle.(buses torwards B'ham turn left at derrs leap, buses torwards Kingstanding carry on to the island and back up to the deers leap to turn left onto Cooksey lane).

And what extra useful journey opportunities that don't currently exist would that provide

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk