News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hagley Road First Sprint Network.

Started by monkeyjoe, July 31, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

No 9 corridor going first, first play. So is this separate to the gold Corridors?

I suspect the East of Brum will be last as normal, even with all the planned redevelopments.

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/business/business-news/sprint-buses-down-hagley-road-7529015

Don't make me laugh how's this meant to sprint up broad street most of it is now single lane either way.

Stuharris 6360

It creates more questions than it answers the article, for instance

Will the 9 between Birmingham & Stourbridge continue or will this replace it between City & Quinton and we will see a return of the 130?

How can you call it Sprint, unless you create seperate lanes to be used, which seems very costly and with space at a premium along the Hagley Road, how can it be achieved?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stevo

They've recently announced funding to extend the tramway to Edgbaston - will it not go up Broad Street? I wonder if can you combine tram and Sprint.

Stu

If the Sprint route is to only run as far as Quinton, then it will not be upgrading or replacing the 9 bus route.

Although depending on how it takes off, it could see an overall reduction in the frequency of the 9 service, with maybe additional short workings between Stourbridge and Quinton, depending on how loadings are affected. If the bulk of the current patronage of the 9 who only use the service between Birmingham and Quinton switch to the new Sprint service, loadings will be affected across the whole route.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on August 01, 2014, 09:38:22 AM
Don't make me laugh how's this meant to sprint up broad street most of it is now single lane either way.

When the bus only bit at the bottom for the Tunnel closures gets made permanent, stopping cars using it as a through route it will help

Justin Tyme

The Hagley Road corridor certainly needs a rapid transit system of some sort, whether Sprint, buses or trams.   However, there is more I need to know before I can give it my support.

Three questions for "the powers that be": -

• Will the current level of service be maintained at stops along Broad Street and Hagley Road not served by Sprint?
  • Will the current network of services continuing beyond Quinton be maintained?
  • If not, why not?

Stu

Quote from: Justin Tyme on August 01, 2014, 07:14:52 PM
The Hagley Road corridor certainly needs a rapid transit system of some sort, whether Sprint, buses or trams.   However, there is more I need to know before I can give it my support.

Three questions for "the powers that be": -

• Will the current level of service be maintained at stops along Broad Street and Hagley Road not served by Sprint?
  • Will the current network of services continuing beyond Quinton be maintained?
  • If not, why not?

Please feel free to ask your questions and give comments via the questionnaire on the Centro website:
http://www.centro.org.uk/transport/sprint/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Coventry Road to the airport will be next. If you go on the Centro website.

Dylan4579

It wont happen, and im sure centro have already tried something like this

karl724223

Sprint no9 route are these buses just modern day bendibuses?
And would they based at a new purpose built garage/ yard

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on August 21, 2014, 04:52:55 PM
Sprint no9 route are these buses just modern day bendibuses?
And would they based at a new purpose built garage/ yard

They are pretty much the same as First FTR's, a garage capable of maintaining 18M artics should suffice

monkeyjoe

Is it going to be NXWM or will operators have to bid for the privilege ??

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 21, 2014, 07:31:54 PM
Is it going to be NXWM or will operators have to bid for the privilege ??

It will be NXWM, Sprint will be provided as part of the on-going partnership between NXWM & Centro that also included NXWM putting 300 new buses in to its fleet by 2015.

The Real 4778

Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk