News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

They are in a terrible state. I think those few years of hard work on the 44 took their toll. And to think that they were diverting unreliable buses to Stafford who were having reliability problems.

Welcome to Arriva :p
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

B6s are pretty poor though lol even darts are slightly better than them and theyre pants

iamwilljh92

3489 (N429 XRC) on the 890 Wolverhampton > Bridgnorth service yesterday afternoon.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Will on April 23, 2014, 12:06:55 PM
3489 (N429 XRC) on the 890 Wolverhampton > Bridgnorth service yesterday afternoon.

^ NICE!!! Good olr big scanias you cant go wrong! That bus is used on a school service normally
campaigning for better transport for all

arrivadays

2981 sounding awful today on the 55 - definetely not healthy at all.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivadays

Ex-Shrewsbury 2743 (LF02PLU) on 55 this morning.

arrivaaston

2743 is 1 that was wrecked by cannock and needed a new engine, I do think telford have a pretty decent fleet

arrivadays

It does sound pretty weird - sounds awfully quiet. It reminds me of when we had 2377 before it left Telford. I kinda miss those ADL Darts.

Speaking of which, went on 2374 the other day, and it's had its "Bus Stopping" sign replaced. Before it used to be the one that would light up green and say "Stopping" but now it's like the one used on 2734.

arrivaaston

All our cadets at Cannock have had the green stopping sign have been replaced

arrivadays

It may seem odd but who actually makes them kind of stopping signs? I could have sworn also that either 2730 or 2733 had one of those types of signs (that never actually worked).

Bob

Are those cadets going back to telford?  You can have em lol. Have you seen the legroom on them? Its pitiful!  Who onearth designs Iinteriors these days I dont know!  Even women struggle with the room between some seats! Is it cos theyve been squeezed together to allow 'buggy zones' etc

arrivadays

Call me insane - but I actually like the ISBe engined Cadets better than the older Cadets. I think it's how the drivers thrash them more. I do hope we get them soon - but I think we'll be Cadet haven if we're getting your lot (which will probably be when the Streetlites arrive) as well as Shrewsburys 02-plate ones. Probably to see off the last few B6BLEs (thank the lord! :) )

Bob

Cannocks only got four plus the short pair branded for the 2s, ( out of date and incorrect branding considering theres a 2A and has been for yonks, the branding doesnt mention that they both run further than cannock lol and considering the 1 branding doeant mention that 99 precent of trips start and end in Huntington both are a pathetic show really lol) which are both knackered sounding. I wouldn't imagine youd want the short pair? Do u agree about the legroom?  The isbe engines certainly sound smoother than they do in a dart. Personally I think the b series engined y regs sound quieter and smoother than equivalent darts too

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on April 25, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
Cannocks only got four plus the short pair branded for the 2s, ( out of date and incorrect branding considering theres a 2A and has been for yonks, the branding doesnt mention that they both run further than cannock lol and considering the 1 branding doeant mention that 99 precent of trips start and end in Huntington both are a pathetic show really lol) which are both knackered sounding. I wouldn't imagine youd want the short pair? Do u agree about the legroom?  The isbe engines certainly sound smoother than they do in a dart. Personally I think the b series engined y regs sound quieter and smoother than equivalent darts too

I can certainly agree with you about the leg room - that's why I always sit near the back (with the saloon seats or whatever they're called). Tbf, I think the two short Cadets would be good to see off 2247 and 2248. And the engines are nicer in Cadets than Darts (with the B-series, you can never hear the Allison squeel in the MPDs, and that kinda has an impact on the smoothness). But, it would be nice to have the short pair as a replacement for the remaining 2 W-reg MPDs.

arrivaaston

Well 6 streetlites to Cannock could see this dismiss of 2701/2/2731/32/35/36 because the former route1 commanders are going to be employed on 2/2A

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk