News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

What's normally on 144 Sundays

Dylanbusboy45

Usually Streetlites and Enviro 300s when I see it @Solo1
6335x/63359/63361 are on the 144 today

Cheese

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on May 01, 2016, 10:59:31 AM
Usually Streetlites and Enviro 300s when I see it @Solo1

Seen two Streetlites on it today.

j789

New Birmingham day, week and multi - trip tickets were introduced from yesterday.

https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershire/news-and-service-updates/news/new-birmingham-zone-tickets-available-saturday-30-april

The week and 10 journey ticket especially should prove popular as it significant reduces the fare for regular users.

No Centro tickets are accepted at all any more which is surprising as we used to carry a fair few passengers with n tickets, obviously not being paid enough for them!

Kevin

I thought they never did accept n tickets?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

sonic84

They used to accept n-network tickets but not n-bus tickets.

The prices between Rubery and City are good value but I don't believe it will make potential cash paying passengers let an NX bus go past and wait for a 144. The 144 is too infrequent from Rubery to the city at every half hour, and with it being limited stop as well I can't see these offers being used too much.

PM

You're forgetting unique bits of Rubery First serve plus the fact that general NX quality on the BR isn't what it is on other corridors, plus antisocial behaviour issues.

I really see potential for this idea, fingers crossed it's promoted a bit somehow, difficult though with interworking. On destination blinds somehow?

j789

To be fair if First actually put some effort into advertising these fares I am sure they would be popular. We pick up quite a few passengers between Rubery and Brum, and most know that the fares are cheaper as they have the correct £1.80 fare so word does get around (albeit much quicker if this was actually advertised in the local area).

PM

Would be good to see 144 back at every 20 mins like in 2007, used to catch either that or the 64 every day! Happy days and I reckon they'd load ok. It's a fast peak X44 that's long been needed though...

j789

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 01, 2016, 02:39:49 PM
Would be good to see 144 back at every 20 mins like in 2007, used to catch either that or the 64 every day! Happy days and I reckon they'd load ok. It's a fast peak X44 that's long been needed though...

A Worcester Birmingham express has long been rumoured to be returning but never seems to happen. I think with the improvements to add capacity being made to the M5 currently between Worcester and Junction 4 at Lydiate Ash the potential for a motorway express coming off at junction 3, rather than 4, is quite good. It still wouldn't compete time wise with the quickest train from Worcester to Birmingham, but would serve more of Birmingham than the Train which on the fastest route only stops at University station.

The only problem with making the 144 every 20 minutes would be how the 144a was affected. The route between Catshill and Worcester now has a better 15 minute frequency than in 2010 when the whole route changed from every 20 minutes. I don't think it could justify the 144a being every 20 minutes as well to create a 10 min frequency, that would require 3 or 4 extra buses.

Kevin

Or indeed bite the bullet and run the full length to Brum every 15?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

markcf83

What about having a half hourly stopping service and a half hourly express service? Just an idea...
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

j789

Quote from: markcf83 on May 01, 2016, 03:25:14 PM
What about having a half hourly stopping service and a half hourly express service? Just an idea...

Good idea, its a shame the Street decks couldn't have been used for an express service, running down Hagley Road coming off the M5 at junction 3.

With the new Tram system in the future down Hagley road, you'd think longer distance premium routes would entice new passengers but unfortunately most bus companies don't like taking that sort of risk. Saying that, its not my money to risk so is probably understandable!

PM

Anyone been on/seen the new Worcester city routes? Things are definitely simpler now, hopefully this reflects in ridership!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 23, 2016, 12:36:42 PM
Anyone been on/seen the new Worcester city routes? Things are definitely simpler now, hopefully this reflects in ridership!

I have once. I agree the network is now simpler to roam around. The 38 is definitely busier than it was as the 31. The 34 is pretty much dead after Lyppard unless I missed something. However there do seem to be more Solos on the 30 and 35 with Streetlites MAX's on the 31 which is the wrong way up to me but anyway.

Having all the City timetables in one booklet is useful. Wish they'd do it for the country runs too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk