News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hall Of Shame

Started by Liverpool Street, May 31, 2014, 04:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

As an opposite of the Hall Of Fame, post here for buses of which deserve to be singled out as the worst thing going. May it be, poor bodywork, slowest pull off, lowest top-speed, slowest doors, most uncomfortable, anything bad basically.

As usual, I'll have a stab at going first.

NXWM 4181 - Slowest operating doors. / Worst Applied nearside logo.

©All Copyrights to @Tony - http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4181.html

So annoying when trying to board this vehicle as the doors slowly creak open. Also very badly applied nearside logo.

If certain "defects" get repaired and the poster has travelled on the said bus in the past, then the aforementioned vehicle can be removed from the Hall Of Shame.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Isle of Stroma

RIP* VIP - Most of the VIP fleet. Poor state of repair.

* Removed in perpetuity - hopefully!

nitromatt1

The Green Bus 121 - banned from the Hagley services for being unable to make it up the Hagley mile!

Liberator9

Optare Solo SR 20014 - loudest and slowest Optare, if not bus, around Solihull, due to the constant running of the cooling fan

Sh4318

4529 - for not having a rear dot matrix blind even fitted (if you look closely, the blind isn't broken, there isn't one in there)
2102 - for (currently) being the only PE B7RLE to have that god awful super-X display installed
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

@Sh4318 super x looks smart on the right setting!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sh4318

@the trainbasher Not on the 120E, it looked horrible ::)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

@Sh4318 that's why I said when it's on the right setting it's alright

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JB93

4253 - for being the tattiest bus in the whole fleet in NX livery. You can't see it that well in this picture but virtually every upstairs window is covered in etchings, the paintwork has been scraped off all over the place and is fading, the seat covers are still the TWM ones and they're worn and dirty, and it still has the connection bars.

John

Quote from: JB93 on July 28, 2014, 07:41:42 AM

4253 - for being the tattiest bus in the whole fleet in NX livery. You can't see it that well in this picture but virtually every upstairs window is covered in etchings, the paintwork has been scraped off all over the place and is fading, the seat covers are still the TWM ones and they're worn and dirty, and it still has the connection bars.

Awfully slow as well!

andy

It's certainly not the only one either. There are a few on here that could do with a couple of trips on vehicles like 4253, people who think that NX don't operate vehicles in this condition and would knock spots off other operators if they miraculously popped up in their territory.

Tony

Quote from: andy on July 28, 2014, 06:59:49 PM

It's certainly not the only one either. There are a few on here that could do with a couple of trips on vehicles like 4253, people who think that NX don't operate vehicles in this condition and would knock spots off other operators if they miraculously popped up in their territory.

A Couple of West Bromwich's 47xx are heading that way.
To be fair to BC they have some with tatty external appearance, 4173 I had yesterday on the 56 & 70 was one
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4173.html
but they had replaced all the worn seat cushions with ones freshly recovered in the original moquette. Some of the backs had threadbare bits on them but at least where you bum went looked clean and was as well padded as the seat should be, and all patterns matched even if the cushions looked newer and were much darker

CL

Quote from: Tony on July 28, 2014, 07:10:09 PM
Quote from: andy on July 28, 2014, 06:59:49 PM

A Couple of West Bromwich's 47xx are heading that way.
To be fair to BC they have some with tatty external appearance, 4173 I had yesterday on the 56 & 70 was one
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4173.html
but they had replaced all the worn seat cushions with ones freshly recovered in the original moquette. Some of the backs had threadbare bits on them but at least where you bum went looked clean and was as well padded as the seat should be, and all patterns matched even if the cushions looked newer and were much darker

Not sure if they've been replaced, but one thing i've noticed are the front flipdot displays slightly 'effed' up. If you know what I mean...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ashley

4253 was painted during the connection bar era like many alx400's which at that time weren't getting new trim either. On the subject of etching, somebody please clean up all of west broms 53 plate gemini's which at the minute are scruffier than the soho road branded alx's

Wumpty

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 31, 2014, 08:33:50 PM
The Green Bus 121 - banned from the Hagley services for being unable to make it up the Hagley mile!

You can't polish a turd, eh Matt?!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk