News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

late running diamonds

Started by the trainbasher, May 02, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

68 again
I'm looking forward to this real time thing Diamond will be providing, will take the guesswork out of my morning commute and I might actually get to work on time
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Diamond 4Hs were running in convoys today- severe delays at the bottom of furnace hill

Trident 4194

4H and 002 experiencing bad delays

wulfrun

Quote from: Kevin on November 23, 2017, 08:17:20 AM
68 again
I'm looking forward to this real time thing Diamond will be providing, will take the guesswork out of my morning commute and I might actually get to work on time

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 15, 2017, 10:46:43 AM

Website

The new Diamond Buses website went live on 14th Dec 2017.
The New Diamond Bus Website is here!
18 October 2017

West Midlands | North West | Worcester and Warwickshire

We have been working on some exciting changes to the Diamond Bus website, which will be of great benefit to passengers and we are pleased to announce its launch today!

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/new-diamond-website/

Note the date of the news post.
The same news item on main News Board has the title "The New Diamond Bus Website and Mobile App are here!"
No mention of app in the news item - app not available on Android as yet.
TfWM app not reporting Diamond buses in realtime at present.

Bus Tracker

You can now track Diamond buses on a map.
http://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/bus-tracker/

The Bus Tracker web page works ok on desktop computers/tablets, but is not mobile friendly - too much banner not enough screen space to display map. No doubt mobile users will need to wait for the app.

Only buses en route appear to track. If the bus is in layover at say the bus station, and is the only bus working the route (or the bus is not tracking), the map search for the route returns "no live data".
Bus Pins appear to be updated every 15 seconds

Note: While stops appear to be in the correct locations and bus pins follow the correct route, some routes are incorrectly plotted on the map. See routes that serve Wolverhampton city centre - such as 63 and 64. Route incorrectly plotted around Ring Road, but bus tracks correctly en route.

Overall, there are some glitches to iron out, but non the less a step in the right direction.
"Forward in Unity"

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 15, 2017, 10:46:43 AM

Yes, at the moment, according to their tracker there is no 4H south of Blackheath in either direction, so no 14:45 departure from hayley Green, or no 15:00, but that is probably because they are stuck in the same traffic problems as NX are getting stuck in around the Blackheath area, but according to you previously they used to magically miss all the traffic problems.

Trident 4194

4H running 21 mins late or 9 mins early

Trident 4194

30409 and another value bus in convoy on 4H. Both being driven extremely quickly.

Trident 4194

No 4H north of West Brom. Severe delays. 2s and 3s according to tracker

Birchley island messed up again?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2018, 09:39:09 AM
No 4H north of West Brom. Severe delays. 2s and 3s according to tracker

Birchley island messed up again?

It's an RTC on Spon lane, West Bromwich which is screwing the whole area up

MW

Trident 4194

1 bus north of West Brom according to tracker? What's happened here then?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 13, 2018, 09:02:11 AM
1 bus north of West Brom according to tracker? What's happened here then?

There are loads of buses North of West Bromwich, including all those in service in Wolverhampton

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 13, 2018, 09:18:56 AM
There are loads of buses North of West Bromwich, including all those in service in Wolverhampton

4H sorry Tony

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 13, 2018, 09:31:25 AM
4H sorry Tony

Same as NX, service screwed up by congestion at Birchley Roundabout. 126 in chaos as well

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 13, 2018, 09:32:38 AM
Same as NX, service screwed up by congestion at Birchley Roundabout. 126 in chaos as well

still got a long time for it to be back to normal too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk