News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

M5 Southbound Double deckers...

Started by tank90, March 13, 2014, 09:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Today as i was heading up to Halesown (northbound) on the M5 near Frankley I saw two First Presidents being towed southboud, does anyone know where they were headed or came from. My guess would be Worcester. No fleet numbers or regs but they are in barbie 3 with First on the side and not blank or Diamond.

Sugar a time would have been helpful, it was around 16:15ish.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

nitromatt1

Quote from: tank90 on March 13, 2014, 09:27:33 PM
Today as i was heading up to Halesown (northbound) on the M5 near Frankley I saw two First Presidents being towed southboud, does anyone know where they were headed or came from. My guess would be Worcester. No fleet numbers or regs but they are in barbie 3 with First on the side and not blank or Diamond.

I've noticed a distinct absence of Presidents in Worcester. I have not seen one in months. I wonder if they've made their return today.

tank90

Quote from: Matt on March 13, 2014, 09:31:17 PM
Quote from: tank90 on March 13, 2014, 09:27:33 PM

I've noticed a distinct absence of Presidents in Worcester. I have not seen one in months. I wonder if they've made their return today.

Well I did see some last Saturday on the 144 heading to Worcester but as I only go to the city on Friday evenings and Saturday morning I cant tell if its just a weekend thing or not  :-\
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tony

The two scrap presidents that have been at Long Acre (Diamond) were towed away today, seem likely candidates

PM

Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2014, 09:38:25 PM
The two scrap presidents that have been at Long Acre (Diamond) were towed away today, seem likely candidates

Thanks for the info on that. They were reported as in Barbie 3 livery though which neither of these were...

John

Best place to Post as I don't think these are bound for the Midlands. Heading southbound on the M6 just north of Crewe this morning I passed new Streetdecks 35140 and 35141 in Convoy

Ashley 60171

Quote from: John on September 23, 2015, 04:38:22 PM
Best place to Post as I don't think these are bound for the Midlands. Heading southbound on the M6 just north of Crewe this morning I passed new Streetdecks 35140 and 35141 in Convoy

I think they are for Weston super Mare going on what was published here previously.

winston

Quote from: John on September 23, 2015, 04:38:22 PM

They are for First Bristol (route 90)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ulsterbusphotos/21359646618/

John

Quote from: Winston on September 23, 2015, 05:51:17 PM
They are for First Bristol (route 90)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ulsterbusphotos/21359646618/

Thanks for that Winston. I never released they had a red front end as I was overtaking a truck in the outside lane, with the buses in the inside lane! I just saw the back of them! The red suits a lot better than the pink or purple on other Streetdecks

winston

Quote from: John on September 23, 2015, 05:58:55 PM
Thanks for that Winston. I never released they had a red front end as I was overtaking a truck in the outside lane, with the buses in the inside lane! I just saw the back of them! The red suits a lot better than the pink or purple on other Streetdecks

It was suggested Worcester's Streetdeck would have a red front, but they've just got the standard magenta/pink front. Even the refurbished B7RLE/Centro has the same colour front but will be used on different routes to the Streetdeck

domino.99

Ashley 60171

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk