News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Where have you taken that from, excellent shot?

winston

Quote from: fleetline6477 on October 12, 2017, 10:18:24 PM
Where have you taken that from, excellent shot?

Level 5 of the Midland Metropolitan Hospital currently under construction, on Cranford Street, Smethwick.

You can also see Thandi Red's yard, but as clearly as that one.

midlandred2003

5 x stagecoach darts were seen this morning going up the M6 one of them had thandi in side destination.

Kevin2017

What buses are actually active in their fleet? as the fleet list on Tony's site has an awful lot of buses, makes me think, are some even still with Thandi, judging from that pic, the Nimbus/Old darts are gone,, unless parked in other yards?

winston

Quote from: Kevin2017 on October 13, 2017, 05:19:39 PM
What buses are actually active in their fleet? as the fleet list on Tony's site has an awful lot of buses, makes me think, are some even still with Thandi, judging from that pic, the Nimbus/Old darts are gone,, unless parked in other yards?

Most likely out in service, the pic was taken approx. 9am ish Wednesday morning

Alex

NK56 EPN (ex Stagecoach North East 35162) was in service, in full Thandi livery, on the 37.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

midlandred2003

The 5 darts I noted yesterday were NK56EPA(35155),NK56EPF(35159),NK56EPJ(35160),NK56EPL(35161)NK56EPU(35173).

winston

Quote from: midlandred2003 on October 14, 2017, 11:12:39 AM
The 5 darts I noted yesterday were NK56EPA(35155),NK56EPF(35159),NK56EPJ(35160),NK56EPL(35161)NK56EPU(35173).

I don't suppose you managed to identify the 2 x Gemini's did you?

Solo1

Any of the the new darts  out today

midlandred2003

Didn't see any Gemini's.

winston

Quote from: midlandred2003 on October 14, 2017, 11:58:14 AM
Didn't see any Gemini's.

I've driven past both of them on separate occasions, I only saw a glimpse of their plates as was driving at the time. They are both on private plates, I think one might be XIL8977 & the other XIL8931, but can't be certain.

Thandi seem to be building a fairly modern fleet of ex Stagecoach Darts, their buses also seem pretty well presented with a distinctive livery

Jack

Quote from: Winston on October 14, 2017, 12:53:42 PM
I've driven past both of them on separate occasions, I only saw a glimpse of their plates as was driving at the time. They are both on private plates, I think one might be XIL8977 & the other XIL8931, but can't be certain.

Thandi seem to be building a fairly modern fleet of ex Stagecoach Darts, their buses also seem pretty well presented with a distinctive livery
The same can't be said for the condition of some of the Darts. The ex London Darts are known to have crap brakes, the double door conversion to single door isn't great, the seats are poorly placed.
They tend to break down a lot.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on October 14, 2017, 05:26:40 PM
the double door conversion to single door isn't great, the seats are poorly placed.

Do they still have any that haven't been converted to single door? I remember seeing a double door Dart pass me a few times, but I haven't really been out along the 311 route recently.

One thing I will say is that the interiors are really poor, whenever I've been on one. The seats are grubby, the ones at the back have no cushioning, the floors are pretty dirty and there are still adverts inside from London.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on October 14, 2017, 05:34:37 PM
Do they still have any that haven't been converted to single door? I remember seeing a double door Dart pass me a few times, but I haven't really been out along the 311 route recently.

One thing I will say is that the interiors are really poor, whenever I've been on one. The seats are grubby, the ones at the back have no cushioning, the floors are pretty dirty and there are still adverts inside from London.
I think so. But there's one ex London Dart which lets of plumes of black smoke when it pulls away. It seems be put on the 311 a lot. The seats are right state in most of them.

Tony

Quote from: Winston on October 14, 2017, 12:53:42 PM

XIL 8931 is ex LB02YXD which was last 920 in the Ensign fleet.

I haven't worked out the other one yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk