News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Thandi blue have an allover white Gemini with gold Thandi fleetnames. No idea of id, it was parked in their depot.

Quote from: Winston on August 23, 2017, 08:06:28 PM
Thandi blue have an allover white Gemini with gold Thandi fleetnames. No idea of id, it was parked in their depot.
Does anyone know what this is for? Will it be found in normal service, or is it just for private hires?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on August 23, 2017, 08:08:27 PM
Does anyone know what this is for? Will it be found in normal service, or is it just for private hires?
I'd say private hires. The only route I would see them put it on would be the 311. It's quite busy in the Peaks.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on August 23, 2017, 08:08:27 PM

Probably for private hires / to complement the coach fleet. Had a birds eye view straight in to their depot from the 5th floor of the new hospital

DJ

Quote from: Jack on August 23, 2017, 08:25:40 PM
I'd say private hires. The only route I would see them put it on would be the 311. It's quite busy in the Peaks.

It could work, I guess. I thought the bridge on Bloomfield Road would have been too low for one, but the signs on the bridge say otherwise, with a limit of 16' / 4.8m. I can't ever recall seeing a Thandi 311 running full out of Dudley though, whereas the NXWM 11 and 13 are almost always packed at peak times.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: DJ98 on August 23, 2017, 11:30:12 PM
I thought the bridge on Bloomfield Road would have been too low for one, but the signs on the bridge say otherwise, with a limit of 16' / 4.8m.
Deckers have got on there in the past @DJ98 .
https://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/15491527623/in/album-72157633016165303/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

It could work, I guess. I thought the bridge on Bloomfield Road would have been too low for one, but the signs on the bridge say otherwise, with a limit of 16' / 4.8m. I can't ever recall seeing a Thandi 311 running full out of Dudley though, whereas the NXWM 11 and 13 are almost always packed at peak times.

What is the reason that the 311/313 aren't double deck operated? Is there a bridge? Also, I recall seeing a Gemini on the 404 back in its WB days. These routes are amongst the busiest in the Black Country that don't serve Birmingham? Or are they just not busy enough?

Westy

Quote from: MW on August 24, 2017, 01:48:25 AM
What is the reason that the 311/313 aren't double deck operated? Is there a bridge? Also, I recall seeing a Gemini on the 404 back in its WB days. These routes are amongst the busiest in the Black Country that don't serve Birmingham? Or are they just not busy enough?

Because of the Bridgeman St bridge in Walsall.

Even though the Darlaston corridor is more affected as the 39 actually uses Bridgeman St itself, there is nothing stopping other routes having double decks as they have to take a special route to & from depot.

What peak service on the 311?

Soon as 5pm approaches, Thandi give up!

(Speaking as a regular passenger on that corridor!)

DJ

Quote from: 2206 on August 23, 2017, 11:52:32 PM
Deckers have got on there in the past @DJ98 .
https://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/15491527623/in/album-72157633016165303/

Now that's something I never thought I'd see!

Quote from: Westy on August 24, 2017, 06:38:35 AM
Soon as 5pm approaches, Thandi give up!

I was in Dudley about lunchtime a couple of days ago, waiting for a 246. In that time, I saw two Thandi 311's leave straight after coming into the bus station, rather than going into the stand after the 11/13. It seems they tend to give up on picking up passengers too!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

TBH that's the problem putting DD's on the 311/313. Unless some of the tree's have been pruned on Powis Avenue? As SD's have been hit by low hanging branches. Sandwell are quite bad when it comes Street furniture and maintenance of their streets. I'm glad I don't live in Sandwell anymore!

Quote from: DJ98 on August 24, 2017, 10:42:16 AM
Now that's something I never thought I'd see!

I was in Dudley about lunchtime a couple of days ago, waiting for a 246. In that time, I saw two Thandi 311's leave straight after coming into the bus station, rather than going into the stand after the 11/13. It seems they tend to give up on picking up passengers too!
Thandi are useless. Back in December on an Ex London Dart, the bus started polluting black smoke. I told the driver, he said " I call garage when I in Walsall". This was on Powis Avenue. When we got to Bradford Place, he said he can't get into touch with the garage. When he left the stand he was using his phone while driving. Thandi need to retrain their drivers.

It's a shame they've stopped doing the 313, was weird seeing blue Darts going up and down Myvod Road.

Westy

Quote from: Jack on August 24, 2017, 06:08:41 PM
TBH that's the problem putting DD's on the 311/313. Unless some of the tree's have been pruned on Powis Avenue? As SD's have been hit by low hanging branches. Sandwell are quite bad when it comes Street furniture and maintenance of their streets. I'm glad I don't live in Sandwell anymore!
Thandi are useless. Back in December on an Ex London Dart, the bus started polluting black smoke. I told the driver, he said " I call garage when I in Walsall". This was on Powis Avenue. When we got to Bradford Place, he said he can't get into touch with the garage. When he left the stand he was using his phone while driving. Thandi need to retrain their drivers.

It's a shame they've stopped doing the 313, was weird seeing blue Darts going up and down Myvod Road.

Perhaps if they produced some proper publicity instead of relying on 'word of mouth', both routes might do better!

Oh & by the way, whoever operates Nx's Twitter, when you get a complaint about the reliability of the Walsall to Dudley route , try acting on the Twitter complaint instead of asking the complainant to send chapter & verse via an email.

Some of us dont have time to do so!

Jack

Quote from: Westy on August 24, 2017, 08:39:24 PM
Perhaps if they produced some proper publicity instead of relying on 'word of mouth', both routes might do better!
Most of the drivers are Ex Sandwell Travel, who could be why they (half the time) don't have a clue what they're doing. They only they do well on is the 334. Lol

winston

Thandi Blue -

Have 2 x White Gemini's both single doored with Gold Fleetnames. Saw one this morning on a contract / college run numbered 'N something'

There are also 6 ex Stagecoach liveried Plaxton Pointer Darts parked in their yard

Busman Jamie

There's a stagecoach liverey dart parked at transmobile Bloxwich too... Assume it's there for painting

winston

Quote from: Winston on October 11, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
Thandi Blue -

Have 2 x White Gemini's both single doored with Gold Fleetnames. Saw one this morning on a contract / college run numbered 'N something'

There are also 6 ex Stagecoach liveried Plaxton Pointer Darts parked in their yard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk