News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Was watching EastEnders jut and Kat was aboard a red Mk1 MCW Metrobus set on some London High St. Pretty inaccurate seeming Metrobuses don't operate in daily service in London ;)

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Nathan on February 07, 2014, 08:44:16 PM
Was watching EastEnders jut and Kat was aboard a red Mk1 MCW Metrobus set on some London High St. Pretty inaccurate seeming Metrobuses don't operate in daily service in London ;)

Yes, caught the last 2 minutes, it looked rediculously out of place and annoyed me!

Steveminor

D10 I remember that episode too. I think I'm right in saying the conversions took place in a twm garage

Roy

Quote from: Steveminor on February 08, 2014, 07:18:19 AM
D10 I remember that episode too. I think I'm right in saying the conversions took place in a twm garage

If I remember correctly, it was filmed at Moseley Road garage.

Nathan4775

In Casualty yesterday, National Express Coach FJ12 *** was featured at the end
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Trident 4609

Two Stagecoach Optare Solo's with Weatherfield Wayfarer logo's have just passed each other on Corrie (Down Rosamund St). Has the Alexander bodied Merc Minibus retiredsince Coronation St moved to its new home in Salford?

Trident 4609

There was a news report live outside Primark at The Merry Hill Centre on Daybreak this morning (The report was about primark....) and WN's 2016 made a brief appearence in the background as it passed the reporter heading towards the bus station

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on April 23, 2014, 05:59:38 PM
There was a news report live outside Primark at The Merry Hill Centre on Daybreak this morning (The report was about primark....) and WN's 2016 made a brief appearence in the background as it passed the reporter heading towards the bus station

On another live ob in the same location,  one of Hansons vehicles passed by too!

Bob

Not strictly tv, but film..anybody seen the Diana film? Set between 1994-1997 approx? I watched it the other day and theres scenes in london with alx400 deckers going past lol! Errr I think they didn't do their research :-p

tank90

What about when they film at the Alexandra hospital in redditch you get to see whats on the 55/a 56/a 57a 58a 143 247 from Diamond and then 150 from johnsons and what Woosh have put on the 350.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

CL

Literally as i'm posting, there's an episode of Driving Academy on CBBC, with a Scania Artic... Unsure of what operator it's from though... Should be on iPlayer in about an hour or so...  ;D

EDIT: The operator livery is CardiffBus, i think.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

D10

On tonight's Midlands Today there was a feature on Redditch with a few snippets of buses.

The item looked back at a 1970's promotional film for the town. In that film local broadcaster Peter Tomlinson was dressed up a bus driver working for "Reddibus" which of course was the Midland Red local identity at the time. He was seen on-board a Leyland National.

Then to bring things up to date, Peter Tomlinson and the reporter were both filmed on a modern day bus presumably Diamond Not sure what fleet number it was, but it was a Silver painted Wrights single decker with red seats inside.

trident4370

The latest advert for the WM Safari Park shows a Green Bus vehicle in the distance briefly.

nitromatt1

Quote from: trident4370 on April 25, 2014, 09:05:48 PM
The latest advert for the WM Safari Park shows a Green Bus vehicle in the distance briefly.

What type?

trident4370

Most likely a Palatine II but could be an ALX400 I guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk