News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

8A/C Inner Circle

Started by Jay71, April 16, 2024, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Westy on April 16, 2024, 08:06:44 PMIve done the 11.

Is the 8 worth a look, from a bash pov?
It's still a bit of a 'novelty', in that you can get on the bus somewhere and then around an hour to hour and half later get off at the same place.

It's not as 'scenic' or iconic as the 11A/C, you don't really get to see much apart from rundown inner-city suburbs and industrial estates.

If that's your thing, and if you like to sit and 'people-watch' as I sometimes do, then it's worth a punt.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on April 16, 2024, 07:43:51 PMI did a 'lap' of the 8C one Saturday afternoon a few weeks ago now - yes, I was bored and wanted something different to do!

In my opinion, under 'normal circumstances', the route copes quite well with single decks at its current frequency levels (every 12-15mins).

The problems with overcrowding come when the buses get delayed and start running late, but then the same can be said for any other bus service that uses single decks.

In the rush hours it gets very busy, especially because it goes past so many schools and is a convenient link to many bus routes. It gets into traffic in basically almost every suburb that it passes through, so it ends up regularly getting late and often bunches together.

the trainbasher

Out of curiosity, why was it withdrawn from the Plough and Harrow in favour of the Middleway, and why was the evening Star City journies cut

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Mike K

Quote from: the trainbasher on Yesterday at 11:48:33 AMOut of curiosity, why was it withdrawn from the Plough and Harrow in favour of the Middleway, and why was the evening Star City journies cut
If I remember correctly the Plough and Harrow section was omitted due to delays caused by traffic. That stretch of Hagley Road, Monument Road and Plough and Harrow Road down to the lights can all be bottlenecks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk