News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Hi Simon,

Do you know if there is any plans for Diamond to start adding the real time information to the Network West Midlands app/on stops where there is real time info such as at bus stations?

Secondly, would you be able to arrange for your Kidderminster #25 drivers to have training on the diamond day tickets within the TfWM area. Three times I have brought a WM diamond day on bus, only after having to show the driver on both the diamond app and their ticket machines that there is a diamond West Midlands ticket, and that the Kidderminster local one is not valid on the ex Hanson's services. (I even asked specifically for the Wm £3.90 day ticket and they don't think it exists!).

Also, will the ex Central Buses routes be added to the diamond app soon as sometimes if I finish work early, I enjoy the opportunity to get the 125 instead of the 276/25 and being able to time it right out of the office.

Tom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 01, 2018, 05:13:13 PM
Hi Simon,

Do you know if there is any plans for Diamond to start adding the real time information to the Network West Midlands app/on stops where there is real time info such as at bus stations?

Secondly, would you be able to arrange for your Kidderminster #25 drivers to have training on the diamond day tickets within the TfWM area. Three times I have brought a WM diamond day on bus, only after having to show the driver on both the diamond app and their ticket machines that there is a diamond West Midlands ticket, and that the Kidderminster local one is not valid on the ex Hanson's services. (I even asked specifically for the Wm £3.90 day ticket and they don't think it exists!).

Also, will the ex Central Buses routes be added to the diamond app soon as sometimes if I finish work early, I enjoy the opportunity to get the 125 instead of the 276/25 and being able to time it right out of the office.

Tom

Tom

I will try to answer your question, based upon what I have been told.  My understanding is the following

1.  TfWM have a collection of Real time stop displays from VIX and an organisation that used to be called 21st Century.
2.  They are moving all RTI feeds and Bus Stop fees to ITO World
3.  At present operators provide data feeds to both ITO world and VIX.
4.  Eventually all bus stop information will come from ITO world.
5.  The ITO world platform will provide a RTI feed to Travelline.
6.  We provide a link to TfWM, we have done for some time and they are trying to integrate it. 

With regards your other points

1.  I have asked the Manager at Kidderminster to re-train the drivers on the rota.  It is a small rota and this shouldnt take long.
2.  The routes will be added shortly.  I am told 3 days. 
3.  I believe you previously asked about the 25/125 service.  From 9th April, we have varied the 125 timetable to include short journeys which mirror the journeys which the 25 operates outside the 125 timetable.  As the other journeys are extremely close, we have degistered the rest of the timetable. 

Simon

the trainbasher

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 02, 2018, 09:02:57 AM
Tom

I will try to answer your question, based upon what I have been told.  My understanding is the following

1.  TfWM have a collection of Real time stop displays from VIX and an organisation that used to be called 21st Century.
2.  They are moving all RTI feeds and Bus Stop fees to ITO World
3.  At present operators provide data feeds to both ITO world and VIX.
4.  Eventually all bus stop information will come from ITO world.
5.  The ITO world platform will provide a RTI feed to Travelline.
6.  We provide a link to TfWM, we have done for some time and they are trying to integrate it. 

With regards your other points

1.  I have asked the Manager at Kidderminster to re-train the drivers on the rota.  It is a small rota and this shouldnt take long.
2.  The routes will be added shortly.  I am told 3 days. 
3.  I believe you previously asked about the 25/125 service.  From 9th April, we have varied the 125 timetable to include short journeys which mirror the journeys which the 25 operates outside the 125 timetable.  As the other journeys are extremely close, we have degistered the rest of the timetable. 

Simon

Hi Simon,
Cheers for that
Tom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jack

Will all the Ex Central Buses be repainted?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on March 03, 2018, 02:27:14 PM
Will all the Ex Central Buses be repainted?

Yes - unless we sell the older one first

Solo1

When will the Hanson's buses be painted

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on March 03, 2018, 04:58:25 PM
When will the Hanson's buses be painted

We are going to start repainting the newer buses shortly.  We have actually sold quite a few of the older buses

the trainbasher

Simon,

I'm a little confused. Earlier I was told that it was £1.70 on the 25/125 from Mary Stevens Park to Stourbridge, yet it is £1.50 on the 251 between the same two points. Can you advise why this fare anomaly exists when both routes are run by the same depot, both inside the Centro boundary, yet the "shorter" route is more expensive?

Also, can you have a look at the fares on the 226? £1.90 between Hawbush Road & Merry Hill, yet the 251 is £1.50 looking on the ticket machines. The 251 takes a longer route between those two points, yet is cheaper again. I appreciate that the 226 fares are still a hangover from the competition between Diamond and Hanson's, but for short hops, surely the fares should match?

Finally, is there any scope of adding an extra merry hill - Stourbridge journey on the 251 (I.e. extending the 1715 ex Stourbridge short journey round the loop) as I'm sure many of the passengers who use that service would find it useful.

Many thanks

Tom

Trident 4194

Hi Simon,

Please can you make your engineer team look at the centro bodied B7RLES especially the 002 branded ones. They are obviously not up to a reasonable standard, and maybe there's a correlation between them constantly running late and being unable to travel up hills at any pace.

Are you aware of the issues regarding these buses?

Westy

What about competing on the 'other' Walsall to Bloxwich route, the 70, seeing you compete on the main route & the 29 as far as Blakenall?

Jack

Is there any plans on withdrawing 30211 anytime soon?
Also is 30509 OTR?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 14, 2018, 02:16:26 PM
Simon,

I'm a little confused. Earlier I was told that it was £1.70 on the 25/125 from Mary Stevens Park to Stourbridge, yet it is £1.50 on the 251 between the same two points. Can you advise why this fare anomaly exists when both routes are run by the same depot, both inside the Centro boundary, yet the "shorter" route is more expensive?

Also, can you have a look at the fares on the 226? £1.90 between Hawbush Road & Merry Hill, yet the 251 is £1.50 looking on the ticket machines. The 251 takes a longer route between those two points, yet is cheaper again. I appreciate that the 226 fares are still a hangover from the competition between Diamond and Hanson's, but for short hops, surely the fares should match?

Finally, is there any scope of adding an extra merry hill - Stourbridge journey on the 251 (I.e. extending the 1715 ex Stourbridge short journey round the loop) as I'm sure many of the passengers who use that service would find it useful.

Many thanks

Tom

Tom

I will look at this and come back to you

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 15, 2018, 07:26:19 PM
Hi Simon,

Please can you make your engineer team look at the centro bodied B7RLES especially the 002 branded ones. They are obviously not up to a reasonable standard, and maybe there's a correlation between them constantly running late and being unable to travel up hills at any pace.

Are you aware of the issues regarding these buses?

I am not aware of any specific issue.

Is there a particular vehicle that you believe has a problem?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 17, 2018, 10:11:32 AM
I am not aware of any specific issue.

Is there a particular vehicle that you believe has a problem?

I believe 30810,30811 are the worst

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 17, 2018, 10:10:27 AM
Tom

I will look at this and come back to you

Simon

Tom

We will change the fares today, and communicate via Social Media.

In essence it will mean

1.  Single Kidderminster to Stourbridge will be £2.70, whether it is the 25 or 125
2.  Mary Stevens Park to Stourbridge.  Price will be £.150, whether it is the 25, 125, 250 or 251
3.  226, 250, 251 - are all already set to £1.50. 

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk