News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

Thanks for passing that on, Winston: very intriguing!

JPC

As per most other years an alteration to the 11/12 service and or timetable for the start of University term time would be expected, hopefully the route change isn't going to be something major, might just be the 11X journey to operate as an 11, or maybe something to do with the long term roadworks at Leamington High Street.

On another subject and I'm surprised 6013 hasn't yet mentioned...  Service 20A will extend during Mon-Sat daytimes via Henley Road to University Hospital Walsgrave starting Monday 2nd September (the extension generally follows De Courcey's 778 route), there has been a few ongoing moans around the Henley Road area since service 33 was withdrawn. It is hopefully an excuse for keeping hold of 2153 ;D

Quote from: JPC on August 11, 2013, 11:51:39 AM
As per most other years an alteration to the 11/12 service and or timetable for the start of University term time would be expected, hopefully the route change isn't going to be something major, might just be the 11X journey to operate as an 11, or maybe something to do with the long term roadworks at Leamington High Street.

On another subject and I'm surprised 6013 hasn't yet mentioned...  Service 20A will extend during Mon-Sat daytimes via Henley Road to University Hospital Walsgrave starting Monday 2nd September (the extension generally follows De Courcey's 778 route), there has been a few ongoing moans around the Henley Road area since service 33 was withdrawn. It is hopefully an excuse for keeping hold of 2153 ;D
Back on UK! I am aware of 20A extend to University Hospital by Centro. That will running between 06:30am till 18:30!
I'm dislike double decker! I love a bendy buses!

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

6004 T604 MOA .... 6005 T605 MOA ... 6008 T608 MOA .... 6013 BJ03 ESN ....

Beano2211

2153 has gone for paint into blue! And the 11 route is changing.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Beano2211 on August 11, 2013, 09:38:28 PM

Wanted that at Pensnett :(

20A extend to somewhere.....Ooooo

20A will extend to University Hospital via Bell Green Riley Square, Henley Rd, and Woodway Lane with Every 30min Monday till Saturday between 06:30 18:30.

Make sure correct which on catch on 20A and 20A.

20A- Bell Green; NOT SERVE in University Hospital and Just terminal at Bell Green Riley Square. Serve on Sunday, Mon-Sat from 18:30 till 23:30, 04:30 till 06:30

20A- University; Serve in University Hospital. Serve on Mon to Sat from 06:30 to 18:30 but NOT SERVE on Sunday!
From City Centre to Foleshill Rd to past Arena Retail Park to Bell Green to Henley Rd to University Hospital

From University Hospital to Henley Rd to Bell Green (Terminal) to past Arena Retail Park to Foleshill Rd to City Centre.

*2153 need at CV reason 20's will extra buses from 1st September. So Only Two Spare B7RLE will displace onto 20's route for extra buses. I think One or Two B7RLE still spare and will running on the 1 so that If 9/A B7RLE breakdown that will take mercs or Double decker can on the 9/9A. If 20's B7RLE breakdown that will take mercs only NOT Double Decker!
I'm dislike double decker! I love a bendy buses!

Don't ask to me about Double Decker and only talk me for Single Decker and Bendy buses.

6004 T604 MOA .... 6005 T605 MOA ... 6008 T608 MOA .... 6013 BJ03 ESN ....

Valandil

See NXC's Facebook page for the new Pool Meadow stand allocations being brought in soon.
In my opinion, they seem very scatty, and much of the symmetry and intuition of the previous layout has been lost.

JoNi

The use of Bendybuses on the 4 restricts the stands they use.
T,U and V are being used for Walsgrave bound routes.
S is used for Little Heath meaning buses only nip in.
R is presumably for the 85/585 to the station.
Q for NXC to station. Inside stands wasted on turn up and go bus services following waste of stand V.
P for 12 which goes past the station.
N for Bendybus 4 towards Arena
M for Holyhead Road services 23 and 900 but nowhere near 7 which also goes to Allesley Village
L for 10 towards Eastern Green via Spon End
K for 6/A towards Tile Hill via Spon End in same direction
J for 18/A towards Canley also via Spon End
H for Coundon 5,7,42
G for 16/A towards Stoke Aldermoor
F for 27 towards London Road presumably with Warwickshire services
E ??

Many of the frequent services that run at night are now on outside stands or alongside the old canteen in the open stands
More passengers will walk across the road to reach the back stands.

The person who created this clearly doesn't travel on cold nights. 
My suggestion to NXC/Centro that all routes should use inside stands at night to benefit of passengers especially in winter obviously fell on deaf ears.
I'm not against Bendybuses but they don't help by being restricted to "outside" stands due to their length. 

Thanks for the tip off, some new timetables are starting to appear at bus stops.

JPC

These two will obviously cause greatest confusion.....
The existing stand K for service 10 towards Bell Green is re-lettered as Stand L and will be for service 10 towards Eastern Green.
The existing stand R for services 6, 6A towards Tanyard Farm is re-lettered as Stand S and will be for services 6, 6A towards Little Heath/Victoria Farm.

The abandoned bus stop in Fairfax Street (former stand V) is probably reserved for when Trinity Street is reduced to four stands, most likely for services 2, 3 and 21 towards Cheylesmore.

D10

So, an extra stand has been created and NX services are being shifted round. So presumably in time there will be more services moved in, either from NX or other operators. Otherwise what was the point of all this!?

JoNi

Obtained Centro photocopy of revised stands today filling in info not on NX Cov site.

R will not be used at all :o so 85/585 won't stop in Pool Meadow towards Station.
P also used by 11 to Leamington
J also served by 5 towards Earlsdon and Tile Hill South
F is used by 27/A, 30 Lentons Lane, 87 Balsall Common, 735 Ansley
E is used by 41,47, Warks routes 539 and 580 together with 82 as now.
D is used by 74 to Nuneaton and also X6 as now.

When I spoke to council a while ago they wanted to install a zebra crossing where stand V was and remove existing traffic light crossing but that may have changed.

NXC bosses said they didn't like using stand V after I commented it made an ideal turn up and go stop to the station especially if you scheduled meal reliefs only in the other direction, so I think its unlikely JPCs suggestion for route 2,21 will happen.

Like D10 I can't see the point of much of the changes other than eastbound services drive straight through, but to the inconvenience of passengers more of whom will walk across the bus lane to reach the back stands.

We are presumably getting the totem stops in central Coventry hopefully with more substantial bus shelters than in Birmingham. 

JPC

OK JoNi, maybe it's stand R which is reserved rather than the Fairfax Street lay by, however the current 7 minutes slack time on services 2 and 3 is too long for being parked in Pool Meadow.
The council says Trinity Street work starts 2nd September for 33 weeks :o  plans show a zebra crossing for the start of Trinity Street, so I guess you are right regarding another zebra crossing in Fairfax Street to complement this one.
The red squares planned for Fairfax/Priory Street and Corporation/Upper Well Street seem to be put on hold ::).

JoNi

Hi JPC the Centro leaflet also has all the other stops in the Trinity Street, Burges and Hales Street which are unchanged.
Is there a controflow cycle lane in Trinity Street to reflect the way cyclist actual ride their bikes ::)

I appreciate what you say about the 2 and 3 but I live on the routes and had to put up with dismal service which resulted from the previous 2,3,3A timetable.
The layover is handy for passengers coming out of Sainsburys can nip on the bus outside rather than having to trudge into Pool Meadow.
There is nothing worse than watching a bus go past in a road where it doesn't stop due to failure to appreciate citizens travelling needs.

Notices have gone up at all the stops in Pool Meadow saying where the existing buses are being moved to with an apology for the inconvenience ::)

Nathan4775

Will this be Unbranded or Branded ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

John

Quote from: Nathan on August 24, 2013, 07:29:18 PM

Will this be Unbranded or Branded ?

I would think it would remain unbranded

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk