News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: N94 on July 31, 2013, 09:11:07 PM
Kent Road closed 1st-9th August, 241 diverted

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/kent-road-halesowen

Looked out the window this afternoon and the "Road ahead closed" signs were there. Had no idea about this prior to that!
Shame they couldn't have taken the diversion past my house!

Yes saw that on the NX website. Could of gone up Spies Lane then down one of the side roads (Can easily fit a bus down) instead of going all the way to Quinton

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 31, 2013, 09:28:18 PM

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/kent-road-halesowen

Looked out the window this afternoon and the "Road ahead closed" signs were there. Had no idea about this prior to that!

Yes saw that on the NX website. Could of gone up Spies Lane then down one of the side roads (Can easily fit a bus down) instead of going all the way to Quinton

It looks as though its going on till the end of August in various phases, going to try the diversion out tomorrow. Hope to catch the WB 241 journey.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Well i caught it today , 9:23 from dudley to halesowen met matt in Halesowen then caught it back to dudley. It was 4639 today. If you want to catch it be in dudley before 9:23 ;)

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 31, 2013, 10:03:19 PM
Well i caught it today , 9:23 from dudley to halesowen met matt in Halesowen then caught it back to dudley. It was 4639 today. If you want to catch it be in dudley before 9:23 ;)

Thanks Nath, will catch it from Halesowen at 10:05, easier for me to get to Halesowen than Dudley. Might then get a 1 to Wolverhampton and then catch the famous 59 route for a ride to Ashmore Park and back! ;)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Niall

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 31, 2013, 09:28:18 PM

probably best that it goes up to quinton, it could have used victoria ave but with all the parked cars if something came the other way it might get a bit tight. Its a particularly bumpy road with a tight exit as well if i remember right. Next road up would be the one next to the chruch.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Trident 4609

If i remember correctly remember it is been done in stages(Northbound Closed/Southbound Open) then Northbound Open/Southbound Closed then both Northbound/Southbound closed

nitromatt1

Kent Road is a 5 minute walk from my house

Ash

An X51 to Birmingham (4685) was heading past Joseph Leckie school on the West Bromwich road at 4:30pm this evening in service with quite a few passengers on board must be quite a long diversion and is probably heading for the Bell pub to cut off some of the Birmingham Road?

Kevin

A34 Walsall rd closed due to yet another recycling plant fire... Bus drivers appear to be making up the diversion as they go along, 51 came from Scott Arms and turned off down Beeches rd, 952 went down Church rd, X51 did a u-turn and is now on a magical mystery tour of Perry Beeches
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Kevin on August 05, 2013, 08:12:33 AM
A34 Walsall rd closed due to yet another recycling plant fire... Bus drivers appear to be making up the diversion as they go along, 51 came from Scott Arms and turned off down Beeches rd, 952 went down Church rd, X51 did a u-turn and is now on a magical mystery tour of Perry Beeches

Wow, that will be fun seeing all those down The Beeches  :)

notepanel

They did all seem to be doing different diversions. I followed a 952 this morning shortly before 7am, going up along Church Road, then left onto Aldridge/College Road (away from Birmingham) before doing a pretty tight U-turn back towards Birmingham quite a distance up the road, but didn't see any other buses heading in the other direction.

Nathan4775

Ahaa thats where the 51 came from this morning =D. I was on the 935 heading to Birmingham when I saw this, at first I thought the driver had the wrong destination on
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 31, 2013, 10:05:50 PM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 31, 2013, 10:03:19 PM

Thanks Nath, will catch it from Halesowen at 10:05, easier for me to get to Halesowen than Dudley. Might then get a 1 to Wolverhampton and then catch the famous 59 route for a ride to Ashmore Park and back! ;)

Damn, I usually catch the WB 241 but missed it on the 1st! Did you catch it Stu? What bus was it?

nitromatt1

22/23 and 29A on quite long diversions this evening and following evenings up to the 31st due to resurfacing

Diversions are as follows (taken from a document on NXWM's Facebook):

Service 22, 23 from city:
War Lane. Right Tennal Road, left Tennal Lane. left West Boulevard, right Stonehouse Lane to normal line of route.

Service 22, 23 to city:
Reverse of above

Service 29/A from city.
At Harborne Park Road/ Quinton Road Island return back up Harborne Park Road, left War Lane, right Tennal Road, left Tennal Lane, left West Boulevard, continue Barnes Hill to normal line of route

Service 29/A to city.
Reverse of above

However, I did notice this evening that the 22/23 were going up Lordswood Road, then turning left following the 24 route.

domino.99

246-stourbridge about 3 weeks ago comes to the lights at the right turning outside of russels hall hosp. carrys on joins up with the x96 goes through the waterfront and up until the island the 81/x96 turn right on down to merry hill bus station goes right on the island and goes up and follow the 222 route up to brierly hill turns left and resumes normal line of route

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk