News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Xplore Dundee

Started by winston, February 13, 2013, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on February 26, 2015, 09:10:36 PM
Quote from: Kiewii on February 26, 2015, 05:48:11 PM
Quote from: Reece on February 26, 2015, 05:42:42 PM
A new 2 tone green and gold livery could be chosen as the new National Express Dundee home colours. Also some hints about some new hybrid/Eco buses as we'll. :D

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/new-dundee-bus-boss-promises-to-bring-a-bit-more-pride-back-to-our-service-1.843859?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

8)

Horrible. Also appears to be getting rid of 'national express' from the fleet name

The green is only a proposal. It says the new livery will be chosen by/ consulted with local people in the Spring.

I am aware of that.

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on February 26, 2015, 09:11:13 PM
A new 2 tone green and gold livery could be chosen as the new National Express Dundee home colours. Also some hints about some new hybrid/Eco buses as we'll. :D

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/new-dundee-bus-boss-promises-to-bring-a-bit-more-pride-back-to-our-service-1.843859?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

8)

Horrible. Also appears to be getting rid of 'national express' from the fleet name

The green is only a proposal. It says the new livery will be chosen by/ consulted with local people in the Spring.

I am aware of that.

I dare say you will all opt for corp colours back.

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on February 26, 2015, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: Kiewii on February 26, 2015, 09:11:13 PM

8)

I am aware of that.

I dare say you will all opt for corp colours back.

Probably. This new livery has grown on me in the last few hours and I wouldn't mind seeing it now

I was only born not long after NX took over Tayside so I certainly cannot remember the green corpy buses!

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on February 26, 2015, 09:20:24 PM

Probably. This new livery has grown on me in the last few hours and I wouldn't mind seeing it now

I was only born not long after NX took over Tayside so I certainly cannot remember the green corpy buses!

Blimey, you change your mind quick....

I'm getting confused, the green proposal is fitting with Dundee corp colours. I actually meant two tone blue to match former Tayside colours

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on February 26, 2015, 09:28:36 PM
Quote from: Kiewii on February 26, 2015, 09:20:24 PM

Blimey, you change your mind quick....

I'm getting confused, the green proposal is fitting with Dundee corp colours. I actually meant two tone blue to match former Tayside colours

Yes, I do.

JIM C

we have been told it will probably be called 'dundee buses' dropping the national express name.

Bryan

Named 'Dundee Buses' and with a variation of the old Tayside two tone blue livery, I think the livery could be impressive.

As for the artists impression of a potential green livery, my thoughts are that without the additional route branding colours as shown it would be depressing.

My only visit to the city was in 1977 with a good proportion of the Tayside fleet in blue and a few in the old Dundee green. Strange that it may sound, the blue colours fitted in more naturally with the city's buildings than the old green, and the vehicles looked newer whatever their age. That also included old Daimler CVG6 rear entrance buses.

D10

Personally I wouldn't mind a "new" version of the "old" blue livery.

Bear in mind though that Stagecoach are NX Dundee's main competition, and their buses are partly painted in blue, particularly at the front end, so a green livery for NXD would mean that there would be less risk of confusion for passengers.

Kiewii

Quote from: D10 on March 01, 2015, 10:39:50 AM

Bear in mind though that Stagecoach are NX Dundee's main competition, and their buses are partly painted in blue, particularly at the front end, so a green livery for NXD would mean that there would be less risk of confusion for passengers.

There is no confusion for passengers, as Stagecoach buses are in better condition and cleaner than NXD buses

Tony

Quote from: Kiewii on March 01, 2015, 12:11:53 PM

There is no confusion for passengers, as Stagecoach buses are in better condition and cleaner than NXD buses

Of course you can tell both of those things from the front of the bus coming down the road towards you!

JIM C

Quote from: Kiewii on March 01, 2015, 12:11:53 PM

that my dear man is libel .

Eric Shaw

1787 is not included in the March changes as being transferred to Dundee. Is it only on loan? Dundee will need to replace the 6 B10L's by the end of 2015 and the remaining 8 Rreg B 1 BLE's,if they do not have ramps

Kiewii

Quote from: Eric Shaw on April 08, 2015, 08:24:00 PM
1787 is not included in the March changes as being transferred to Dundee. Is it only on loan? Dundee will need to replace the 6 B10L's by the end of 2015 and the remaining 8 Rreg B 1 BLE's,if they do not have ramps

1787 is allocated to Walsall

The B10Ls and B10BLEs do have ramps but they are located behind the driver

Eric Shaw

1787 was mentioned somewhere on this site as moving to Dundee. Evidently it did not happen.

Cammy7153

C8 NEX Health Bus in Dundee for a few weeks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk