News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Shall have to look at one close up, but thats an improvement on the red!

Actually wonder how many liveries that particular one has been in since new?

It was ex London wasnt it?

richie

Does anyone know where arriva paint their vehicles? I am surprised they are painting ex midland buses I don't think ant decent investment by arriva will be seen just ex midland scrap and ex London scrap. That's one advantage to NX no London operation to cascade tat from!

winston

Quote from: richie on February 21, 2013, 08:54:55 PM
Does anyone know where arriva paint their vehicles? I am surprised they are painting ex midland buses I don't think ant decent investment by arriva will be seen just ex midland scrap and ex London scrap. That's one advantage to NX no London operation to cascade tat from!

That could change if First are considering selling their London op, as there are few who would in a position to buy it. Go-ahead & Arriva certainly couldn't, Stagcoach would just get away without exceeding the max 25% of the market rule

PM

Quote from: Winston on February 21, 2013, 08:58:59 PM

That could change if First are considering selling their London op, as there are few who would in a position to buy it. Go-ahead & Arriva certainly couldn't, Stagcoach would just get away without exceeding the max 25% of the market rule

Rotala :P No NX group is a strong possibility I would have thought-although maybe someone like Metroline would be prepared to expand?

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 21, 2013, 09:06:23 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 21, 2013, 08:58:59 PM

I'd be surprised if NX didn't buy something from the First Group UK bus disposals with their Chief Exec having inside knowledge.... Otherwise there is Comfort Delgro (Metroline's parent) Ned Railways (Abellio's parent) RAPT, Trandsdev etc

Rotala :P No NX group is a strong possibility I would have thought-although maybe someone like Metroline would be prepared to expand?

Bob

I wonder how many of the ex-Midland fleet will be repainted? That must be one of the better Darts....

Trident 4609

Will the Tridents on the 10 be repainted? Will be nice to see the tridents in arriva livery

Ck

I see both service 62 Cannock to Lichfield have Arriva mpd's on them bye bye optare's

Bob

Lol not much better though is it?

Ck

A lot smarter in terms off paint job lol

Discodave

Pickerings near to Arriva head office Leicester not sure exactly where but also Cannock do some on a small scale.

Discodave

Quote from: Westy on February 21, 2013, 07:44:55 PM
Shall have to look at one close up, but thats an improvement on the red!

Actually wonder how many liveries that particular one has been in since new?

It was ex London wasnt it?

Tonys pics show 2 D&G blue/cream and later red livery still has the Midland seat swabs in (urban 90) seats.  Hope they change would look a little silly with midland branded covers in a now Arriva bus.

Bob

Might look better in terms of paint colour but its still the same old nail rattling and screaming underneath lol

Discodave

Unless they were on the pits the Daf ALX200 deckers were not on the bus park or by the Garage usually the last A1 is parked outside.  Just the red tridents were there.

arrivaaston

On the 23 we seem to have an Arriva dart Monday-Friday and a red solo on a Saturday and yesterday 62 there was an Arriva dart on with a red solo!! Remember when Choice first took over on the 23, Yello and snot green merc and on the saturday it was a d&G (Blue and white) liverery bus.... Talk about confusion!! It doesn't really affect me because I'm 1 of few who can read and see a number etc but it must be confusing for the old dears

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk