News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

14 & 94 have never been 'flagship' routes, and the realtime still works on the 11, all the presidents are fitted to trigger it as well as the Geminis, and whenever I have been doing revenue checks it seems to be working

don

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2012, 09:03:21 PM
the realtime still works on the 11, all the presidents are fitted to trigger it as well as the Geminis

So they could be used as peak period extras on the 11 then (presuming there are such things these days?) I would have thought filling the route 100% with Presidents would not give a good signal - the Geminis are very 'noticeable' vehicles to the public.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current ALF permit held.

MW

Quote from: don on April 29, 2012, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2012, 09:03:21 PM
the realtime still works on the 11, all the presidents are fitted to trigger it as well as the Geminis

So they could be used as peak period extras on the 11 then (presuming there are such things these days?) I would have thought filling the route 100% with Presidents would not give a good signal - the Geminis are very 'noticeable' vehicles to the public.

I might be able to help here.

If you take a look at the following photograph:

http://www.wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4001-4224/4070.html

You can see next to where it says '31A', there is a satellite symbol thing. Vehicles with that symbol are fitted with the real time software, however as Tony said, all Presidents are fitted with it, so the ones without the symbol just leads me to believe that it was simply NX not putting the stickers on the earlier refurbs, or the later refurbs.

don

Interesting and I'm sure you're probably right.

I'm not sure what system is used on the 11, but generally the on vehicle equipment is simply a box attached to the roof of the vehicle - very easy to swap from one bus to another - in this area Arriva often move odd buses in from elsewhere in the country and others out, and they have to have the bus priority traffic signal trigger/real time GPS system boxes swapped/installed. Looked at from a high vantage point, it can be seen that some vehicles have two or three of them - presumably it's cheaper just to add the relevant box rather than swap them.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current ALF permit held.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Ash on April 29, 2012, 06:52:44 PM
I wouldnt think all of the presidents will leave WB as theres too many to replace im sure some will be kept for the 451 and other routes that work around the West Brom area to replace some of the mercs in service on routes like the 448/9

It would be nice to see 448/A/B/449 to be DD operated
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

This transfer does not suprise me it was the only one missing from 4264-4275

Tony

I think I saw 4076 on the 11 today as well, should hopefully get a list of all April's changes this week

MW

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2012, 07:03:26 PM
I think I saw 4076 on the 11 today as well, should hopefully get a list of all April's changes this week

No doubt it'll have a million Presidents to AG

Stu

The Presidents do seem to be everywhere at AG at the minute, I only ever see the Geminis on the 5 and 11, and there seems to be more Presidents on the 37 than Omnilinks! Though I did spot a B10L on the 5 this morning!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

D10

Quote from: NathanJC on April 30, 2012, 05:24:23 PM
Quote from: Ash on April 29, 2012, 06:52:44 PM
I wouldnt think all of the presidents will leave WB as theres too many to replace im sure some will be kept for the 451 and other routes that work around the West Brom area to replace some of the mercs in service on routes like the 448/9

It would be nice to see 448/A/B/449 to be DD operated

Not sure if there is a reason why DD' don't seem to operate the 448 now especially since the extension from the Hospital to Bartley Green. Certainly DD's can still operate on the the 447 including this Saturday just gone, so the route is still OK to Bearwood.

Stu

I can remember when I lived back in the Langley / Londonderry area, all you'd ever see on the 448 and 449 were double-deck Metrobuses, which did get very full at times.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Maybe i use the in correct phrase, however 94 did used to recieve newish types vechicles with branding and I suppose more attention and focus than others etc. Non of the above are currently applicable, that is the point I was trying to make.

RobQuinton

B6s 638 & 640 from Walsall are now at BC - both on the 636 on Saturday.

President 4077 also appears to be transferred to AG

MW

Quote from: Stu on April 30, 2012, 08:03:33 PM
The Presidents do seem to be everywhere at AG at the minute, I only ever see the Geminis on the 5 and 11, and there seems to be more Presidents on the 37 than Omnilinks! Though I did spot a B10L on the 5 this morning!

Ah, it must have been 1430, as 7128 was on the 31 all day.

Yes there certainly does! I got 4050 from Solihull to Acocks Green this evening, with four Presidents passing the other way and 2 Scanias. Might as well make the most of the Presidents on the full 37 to Birmingham, as after the Summer they'll only be on the 37E's I imagine.

Also, it's starting to get frustrating having Outer Circle Geminis randomly placed on any route. There was one on the 31 today, and it seems that it has been on the 31 for the last few days.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN1O5FfKDb4&list=UUe-_qzGEU4g48p-mRfO24SQ&index=1&feature=plcp for video evidence, the bus in front! Annoyingly the sound cut off!!

Rob H

Quote from: thetruth on April 30, 2012, 04:59:20 PM
4269 now at WB, on the 74 today

I Had a feeling 4269 will move to WB :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk