News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

National Express Coventry / Re: Coventry Motor Museum - Bu...
Last post by D10 - Yesterday at 06:04:05 PM
125 has just been on the opening titles of Central News and looks like it will be featured later on in the show as part of their feature about Coventry City being back at Wembley.
Rotala / Re: Rotala Management - Questi...
Last post by Jack6101 - Yesterday at 05:46:03 PM
Is the demo bus on going to be used on the 50 service or will it go onto the 16A /002
Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Tony - Yesterday at 05:41:34 PM
Quote from: Gareth on Yesterday at 05:26:41 PMUSB ports can get damaged and vandalized on any service in any area so there's no need to call out specific places.
Platinum was a good concept when new, but after the 2015/16 intake it became the new standard spec for new deliveries and as we can see with current refurbs nothing is being retrofitted. But when Walsall have some more fleet renewal I'm sure you'll see USB features on those routes.
In 2014 when those buses were ordered USBs were no standard anywhere. Most phone chargers were still 3 pin plugs, hence a lot of trains only having 3 pin sockets and not USBs
Midland Metro / Re: General Metro Thread
Last post by Gareth - Yesterday at 05:29:34 PM
I've noticed over the past couple of weeks more and more trams are displaying 'to exit the tram press the illuminated button' instead of a destination display. Some carry in on the front only, some carry front and rear.
Is there a reason for displaying this instead of a destination?
Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Gareth - Yesterday at 05:26:41 PM
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 12:22:28 PMIs there a reason why WA's Platnium's and the early Plattys that arrived in 2015 didn't have USB Charging fitted, and why the next batch onwards had Voith Gearboxes and USB Charging. Is it possible to fit WA's Platnium's with USB Charging the only Platty's WA have with Charging is the Hydrogens as the Platty's are used on the 51 is it possible to fit them with Charging to match. I know the 529, 8 and X8 Platty's have had there's vandalised but other than maybe Perry Barr on the 51 and 93x series and 997 serve I can't think of anywhere they could get trashed. Maybe Bloxwhich on the X51. But the X51 was initially seen as the luxury service Wifi, Extra Leg Room, Leather Seats but then the USB Charging came along on the next batch of Platty's and that felt better you could do work on the bus and charge your device. I know the X51 is popular with Uni, School and college students and Workers from Walsall as the morning Darlaston Services are rammed and almost 2/3rds of that bus go to get the X51 plus passengers from different buses. Most of the people get off by Aston Uni or around Moor Street. The WA batch now don't seem that special. I realise now Wifi has been removed so there might be no point fitting it. But was there a reason that this batch didn't have USB from New
USB ports can get damaged and vandalized on any service in any area so there's no need to call out specific places.
Platinum was a good concept when new, but after the 2015/16 intake it became the new standard spec for new deliveries and as we can see with current refurbs nothing is being retrofitted. But when Walsall have some more fleet renewal I'm sure you'll see USB features on those routes.
Rotala / Re: Diamond West Midlands - Ki...
Last post by TGZac - Yesterday at 04:31:49 PM
Noticed 32290 has a Super-X display. Is it unique to the bus or is it a fleet wide change? 
National Express West Midlands / Re: Electric Buses
Last post by Tony - Yesterday at 04:19:31 PM
Quote from: Wumpty on Yesterday at 03:33:15 PMUID Electric travelling from WN towards M54 this morning driven by a devilishly handsome bloke!
E236 now at Aston 
Midland Metro / Re: General Metro Thread
Last post by Stevo - Yesterday at 04:01:21 PM
In fact most people use Pipers Row as not only is it next to the bus station but it's nearer to the shopping centres.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Electric Buses
Last post by Wumpty - Yesterday at 03:33:15 PM
UID Electric travelling from WN towards M54 this morning driven by a devilishly handsome bloke!
Rotala / Re: Diamond West Midlands - Re...
Last post by LiamsTransport1 - Yesterday at 12:54:33 PM
Any ideas if I could use Swift go onboard between Rednal Hares and Hound & Longbridge Lane (near Groveley Lane) onboard 182/183? 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk