News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Westy - Yesterday at 11:25:37 PM
Quote from: Stu on Yesterday at 07:07:23 PMIn theory yes, it would be possible.

In reality, the time and cost involved in replacing all the seat backs and stripping the interior body apart to run all the additional wiring into the electric supply, it would probably not be worth it.

To be honest, whenever I travel on vehicles with USB charging sockets, I hardly ever see any passengers using them anyway.
To be fair, how many people think to carry a charging cable around with them, bearing in mind, a 'small' percentage of the fleet only have them anyway.

If you're going away, yes, plus you might keep a spare one at work(I got a cheap one from Poundland for that purpose, that I can plug into the PC!).
Arriva / Re: Arriva Leicester
Last post by joieman - Yesterday at 10:11:08 PM
Quote from: Mayfield on April 18, 2024, 04:29:27 PMI see only 8 Pulsars tracking now has another 1 bitten the dust.
Wonder if the are planning a last running day event LOL
4746 was apparently withdrawn due to poor performance.
For the first time, their registration numbers are in the correct order!
4103 has been sent to Luton; twelve of the Olympuses in total are to be sent down to Luton and MK, according to another forum. We'll be getting a pair of E400s in exchange... which seems like a pathetically unfair exchange.
Midland Metro / Re: General Metro Thread
Last post by Gareth - Yesterday at 08:43:31 PM
Quote from: uniquicity on Yesterday at 08:13:07 PMBecause after Covid the driver opened the doors automatically from the cab. After the engineering works it seems to have gone back to previous, and it was catching passengers out
I think I'd rather see the destination than how to open a door!
Last post by uniquicity - Yesterday at 08:14:43 PM
Also don't know why they decided to increase the frequency to every 8 minutes when it apparently isn't carrying any passengers...

:wink:
Last post by uniquicity - Yesterday at 08:13:07 PM
Quote from: Gareth on Yesterday at 05:29:34 PMI've noticed over the past couple of weeks more and more trams are displaying 'to exit the tram press the illuminated button' instead of a destination display. Some carry in on the front only, some carry front and rear.
Is there a reason for displaying this instead of a destination?

Because after Covid the driver opened the doors automatically from the cab. After the engineering works it seems to have gone back to previous, and it was catching passengers out
Bus shelter has hit diamond bus mill st brierley hill earlier 
6974 on the 12
The Archive / Re: Noteworthy Workings March ...
Last post by frostjay974 - Yesterday at 07:39:28 PM
Saw 2235 on the 87 earlier today 
Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Stu - Yesterday at 07:07:23 PM
Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 12:22:28 PMIs it possible to fit WA's Platnium's with USB Charging

In theory yes, it would be possible.

In reality, the time and cost involved in replacing all the seat backs and stripping the interior body apart to run all the additional wiring into the electric supply, it would probably not be worth it. 

To be honest, whenever I travel on vehicles with USB charging sockets, I hardly ever see any passengers using them anyway.
Coventry Motor Museum, Daimler Fleetline PDU125M featuring on ITV Central News before 18.25hrs tonight.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk