News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

WINTER 2017-2018 - Snow Service Updates

Started by Dom, December 08, 2017, 09:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Latest update it's snowing again
Nx pulled all buses of the road again just in case
Asda just sold out of bread and milk again

Tony

Due to weather conditions service 127 to and from Dudley is not serving Bunns Lane, Regent Road and Portway Hill. We have currently 1 bus stuck on top on Portway Hill.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2017, 08:18:20 PM
Due to weather conditions service 127 to and from Dudley is not serving Bunns Lane, Regent Road and Portway Hill. We have currently 1 bus stuck on top on Portway Hill.

Don't know about you but We've had hardly any snow tonight

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 13, 2017, 08:46:45 PM

It's probably down to the ice

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 13, 2017, 08:46:45 PM
There was brief snowfall about an hour ago. Haven't you forgotten about the ice. I doubt you've ever been up Portway Hill, the Hill is steep and is worse when there is terrible weather. Black Country hills for you. The B6's were forced to struggle up them for years.

DJ

43 on the way home from West Bromwich earlier was going fairly slow due to the conditions, but it didn't seem anywhere near as bad as before. Whether it freezes over overnight and causes issues in the morning remains to be seen though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 13, 2017, 05:47:20 PM
That may be @Dom but the majority of us forum members are more likely to be on here, where we can at the same time discuss the impact, and less on nxwms website or social media. I for one appreciate the updates on here

Discuss the impact? This thread has been nothing but long winded posts about diversions. No discussion at all really.

Mike K

I'm surprised the service disruptions aren't more widespread this morning - the black ice is absolutely lethal today!

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on December 15, 2017, 08:58:20 AM
I'm surprised the service disruptions aren't more widespread this morning - the black ice is absolutely lethal today!

There is a long list
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-alerts/morning-service-update-on-friday-15th-december

Michael Bevan

Looks like no 65's are running at the moment between Birmingham and Perry Common...Just been down the Lichfield Road and I have seen a single one! Looks like it's just the 67 serving the Lichfield Road at the moment.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 15, 2017, 10:05:05 AM
Looks like no 65's are running at the moment between Birmingham and Perry Barr...Just been down the Lichfield Road and I have seen a single one! Looks like it's just the 67 serving the Lichfield Road at the moment.

4843 went past Aston Station at 09:58

Tony

Quote from: Tony on December 15, 2017, 10:10:00 AM
4843 went past Aston Station at 09:58

There is a massive problem in that area at the moment. There's currently no service on the Outer Circle between Erdington & Perry Barr - there is no safe route

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

MasterPlan

Frankley cut off completely this morning.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Surprised no one has noted that Wrens Nest has been isolated most of the day, according to the Nx site, due to the weather today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk