News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Most Bizzare place to find a First bus.

Started by tank90, January 09, 2013, 11:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Now I know what your all thinking and going to say, On the route on the blind and on time!
Or even working!

But no, I mean as in where they have been left.
I say this as last night (Tuesday) I arrived at Inkberrow Village Hall and football club car park to see a tow Truck on the lane and a First Student Bus in the football club carpark being reversed into the Village Hall car park. this wa at 19:48 so a suprise to see it. I had thought it had broken down or ran out of fuel (as i know Flyford Flavelle First school has one for its school bus) and was left there for the tow truck to pick it up.
can anyone shad any light on this please.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Kevin

not related, but an equally weird place to see a bus... We were running a major Scout camp a few years ago at Blackwell Court and managed to secure a one way system in the village and round the campsite. The 145 route was affected and the drivers duly went round even narrower roads than usual, wasn't even a small bus either they put full sized single deckers on
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Kevin on January 14, 2013, 11:23:33 AM
not related, but an equally weird place to see a bus... We were running a major Scout camp a few years ago at Blackwell Court and managed to secure a one way system in the village and round the campsite. The 145 route was affected and the drivers duly went round even narrower roads than usual, wasn't even a small bus either they put full sized single deckers on

I do know how narrow the lanes are round there. I remember our scout group hiring a 0405N from either Hockley or Lea Hall to get us to Blackwell for a camp a good few years back. We even had a double decker once and obviously it wouldn't go under the train bridge, we had to get off at the end of the village and walk to the campsite!!

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Sorry for the bump of topic but,

I've seen a First Bus Enviro300 parked in various "Access Self Storage" car parks around Birmingham. McDonald Street and on Digbeth High Street. One over on the East Ring Road as well.

Pretty pointless chunk of knowledge but meh.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Cheese

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 17, 2014, 03:43:11 PM

I've seen a First Bus Enviro300 parked in various "Access Self Storage" car parks around Birmingham. McDonald Street and on Digbeth High Street. One over on the East Ring Road as well.

A couple of years ago a First Somerset & Avon B7L was also parked at the storage place in Digbeth, apparently it was being refurbished and some of the items were being stored there. Don't think the refurb was being carried out on-site but wouldn't put it past First. The E300s may be having something similar done.

Liverpool Street

@Cheese - Ah, OK, thank you for this. I thought something similar but I thought "Why isn't refurb parts stored on-site?" Seems very unprofessional for a big company like that to be "picking up parts" like that. I could understand if it's a rare part which needed picking up from the manufacturers' location in some crazy to get to industrial site but Self Storage? Really First?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Cheese

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 17, 2014, 03:59:42 PM
@Cheese - Ah, OK, thank you for this. I thought something similar but I thought "Why isn't refurb parts stored on-site?" Seems very unprofessional for a big company like that to be "picking up parts" like that. I could understand if it's a rare part which needed picking up from the manufacturers' location in some crazy to get to industrial site but Self Storage? Really First?

Does seem crazy, it might have been seating or luggage racks perhaps as I think the B7L was one of those at Taunton for the Minehead service. Everything else seems to go to Rotherham for refurb, don't see why these couldn't have...

DD12

Not pointless  - it's of interest to me!
I'd be very pleased if Worcester's buses were getting new seating.
-  Any further info. will be gratefully received.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DD12 on May 17, 2014, 07:13:16 PM

Not pointless  - it's of interest to me!
I'd be very pleased if Worcester's buses were getting new seating.
-  Any further info. will be gratefully received.

I'm sure I've a picture around here with it dumped in there... give me a few days and I'll try and find it for you.
until it cought fire

tc

Cheese

Quote from: tc on June 05, 2014, 11:00:27 PM
Try Poland!  https://www.flickr.com/photos/22455491@N02/2725780566/ (not my photo!) possibly 52510 ex-Redditch???

Further down the comments on the Flickr site confirms it is 52527. There are a number of ex First Mercs in Poland, think some of the ex FSY Beaver 2's are there.

Stu

I remember seeing one of their double-decks passing my house... on Shirley Road in Acocks Green, last year sometime I think. No idea why it was going that way!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

B61 ANDREW

To continue the "Norwich" theme, although not all that bizarre, a number of First Eastern Counties d/d's were to be found at Wembley Stadium this afternoon.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk