News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Sandwell Travel

Started by Lukeee, September 05, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: D10 on October 14, 2012, 09:39:54 PM
Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on October 14, 2012, 05:18:05 PM
In general, there seems to be a fair few operators going under and/or being pulled up by VOSA etc.. very interesting.

Yes, and hopefully the West Midland Traffic Commissioner is now showing his teeth. I used to hear about the others, particularly the Scottish one taking action against dodgy operators, but not a peep from the one down here.

Not forgetting Beverley Bell of course and her condemnation and hatred of First Manchester

D10

Quote from: fleetline6477 on October 14, 2012, 04:07:07 PM
What was the outcome of this hearing? There was no sign of them around Bradford Place yesterday afternoon, maybe I was there at the point the 334 has a break.

Saw a Sandwell Travel yellow Dart on the 80 in Birmingham yesterday, so it looks like they are still running.

PM

Interesting article about this in this weeks route one

swifty

lovely article in today's Birmingham Mail about this. Company has banned from Bradford Place for 3 years from next February and have also been told they can only operate 3 buses max.

The article goes on to say that the firm was described as being " an amateurish operation" with "drivers driving dangerously, blocking departure stands, and running services early to stop a competitor picking up passengers in Walsall despite several warnings" The report also describes the firms sole director Sukhwinder Singh as a "Poor Communicator"

The firm released a short statement that they would be appealing the ruling.
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

Tomjusttom

Last time I used Sandwell Travel on the 333 I had a good journey, friendly driver and from what I saw, no foul play whatsoever.

jarh_9394

Quote from: Tomjusttom on December 14, 2012, 12:59:38 PM
Last time I used Sandwell Travel on the 333 I had a good journey, friendly driver and from what I saw, no foul play whatsoever.

Still in Fantasy Bus mode!

Never encountered an operator like it.

Tomjusttom

Whatever. It seems like I'm not even allowed to complement a operator based on a journey that I've been on. I might as well not bother speaking.

Do you work for Midland/Arriva? If so then a obvious conflict of interest

jarh_9394

Not a conflict of interests, just witnessing a shocking example of bus operation.

Tomjusttom

And Midland are saints? Everyone plays dirty there but its mainly NX and Thandi who are causing chaos and they get off Scott free

jarh_9394

Why do you think Nick Jones has taken action against them Tom? Use some common sense.

nx4737

It's about time the West Mids traffic commissioner actually did something, hopefully the next to go will be the likes of Thandi, VIP, Banga, GRS, Hi Ride, Joes, Midland Bus Company, Sunny... 

fleetline6477

Quote from: swifty on December 14, 2012, 12:32:04 PM
lovely article in today's Birmingham Mail about this. Company has banned from Bradford Place for 3 years from next February and have also been told they can only operate 3 buses max.

The article goes on to say that the firm was described as being " an amateurish operation" with "drivers driving dangerously, blocking departure stands, and running services early to stop a competitor picking up passengers in Walsall despite several warnings" The report also describes the firms sole director Sukhwinder Singh as a "Poor Communicator"

The firm released a short statement that they would be appealing the ruling.

Have you got a link to this article?

Discodave

Quote from: nx4737 on December 14, 2012, 04:20:18 PM
It's about time the West Mids traffic commissioner actually did something, hopefully the next to go will be the likes of Thandi, VIP, Banga, GRS, Hi Ride, Joes, Midland Bus Company, Sunny...

the sooner thandi are shafted the better remember Midland are almost Arriva and with Arriva record in running against NX they will just give up

jarh_9394

Midland Bus Company, not Midland.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk