News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: MW on January 01, 2018, 09:27:43 PM
The fuel gauges on the Scanias are hilarious, as I'm sure any of the relevant drivers on the forum can confirm.

I speak in relation to the 1909-1953 batch. The gauge constantly going up and down. It might be full then it might be 3/4 then it might be half and then it'll be full again! Every single Scania I drove was like that.

Scanias in general tend to do less miles per gallon than other manufacturers from what I've read somewhere. I do remember seeing figures like 7 mpg on the trip computer on them, although that wouldn't be accurate.
I presume the Ex Dundee Omnilinks will be like that, they were part of the same batch. I thought the Omnilinks were heavy on fuel, the Omnicitys and Bendy Scania's were/are extremely high on fuel I've been told.

Dom

Quote from: MW on January 01, 2018, 09:27:43 PM
The fuel gauges on the Scanias are hilarious, as I'm sure any of the relevant drivers on the forum can confirm.

I speak in relation to the 1909-1953 batch. The gauge constantly going up and down. It might be full then it might be 3/4 then it might be half and then it'll be full again! Every single Scania I drove was like that.

Scanias in general tend to do less miles per gallon than other manufacturers from what I've read somewhere. I do remember seeing figures like 7 mpg on the trip computer on them, although that wouldn't be accurate.

Same on the E200s, happens with both fuel and the ad blue gauges on the display.

Jack

@Michael Bevan are you sure 1897 is on the 51? On Tony's repaint list it's suppose to be in for repaint for refurb?

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Jack on January 03, 2018, 06:01:30 PM
@Michael Bevan are you sure 1897 is on the 51? On Tony's repaint list it's suppose to be in for repaint for refurb?

I'm 100% sure...

Busman Jamie

Michael is right.... I've seen the picture ;)

Tony

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 03, 2018, 06:53:46 PM
Michael is right.... I've seen the picture ;)

Misinformation on the repaint list. WA ones can't be identified from the tracker as they are already there. It was in the body bay, must of just been having a new panel

Westy

Catching the 89 between Pelsall & Bloxwich earlier & going through Pelsall Wood reminded me that I've heard nothing recently about the locals complaining about the use of double deckers on that strech of route for privacy reasons.

Was that finally resolved?

Gareth

Quote from: Westy on January 20, 2018, 02:30:03 PM
Catching the 89 between Pelsall & Bloxwich earlier & going through Pelsall Wood reminded me that I've heard nothing recently about the locals complaining about the use of double deckers on that strech of route for privacy reasons.

Was that finally resolved?

Privacy reasons?! Put some bloody net curtains up and stop whinging.

I live on a bus free road, apart from once a week when a Green Bus double decker drives past. Maybe I should complain, it's quite a shock waking up, getting out of bed and seeing that drive past!

Dom

Been told some very strong rumors regarding the 8 and the 89 today.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Dom on January 20, 2018, 07:41:55 PM
Been told some very strong rumors regarding the 8 and the 89 today.

Whatever it is, I will wait and see what happens then. Rumours are not always reliable.

Westy

Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't changing the buses between Bloxwich & Wednesfield, because my sister will moan again!

P419 EJW

Saw 4594 on Willenhall Road about 20 minutes ago. I presume that was for the drivers route learning the 89?

Trident 4194

Couple of red and white scanias on 4H if of any interest to anyone.

P419 EJW

Service changes on 10A starting tomorrow (31/1/18). See here.

the trainbasher

Changes to Darlaston services in the latest TFWM service change email

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk