News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry single journey cash fare

Started by Sandy Lane, April 01, 2018, 06:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Within the West Mids boundary a Coventry single cash fare on Travel Coventry is £2.20. Stagecoach has increased theirs and seem to now be charging £2.30 for the very same journey. I thought the fare had to be the same price within Coventry - it used to be? Are there any rules on this?

the trainbasher

No, there is no prohibition on one operator charging less than another. First do it on the Bristol road.

One of the advantages of Deregulation

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 01, 2018, 07:41:30 PM
No, there is no prohibition on one operator charging less than another. First do it on the Bristol road.

One of the advantages of Deregulation
Thanks and hear what you say. Looking at it the other way, is there a maximum single journey fare in Coventry? Both operators used to charge the same so its strange that Stagecoach appears to be getting greedy. It will lose them business.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk