News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Most Scenic Bus Route

Started by 2206, February 17, 2018, 05:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteBus users across the UK are being given the chance to vote for their favourite bus journey in a survey to find Britain's Most Scenic Bus Route, and Stagecoach East Scotland's very own route 95, travelling through the East Neuk of Fife has been nominated.

The survey is the idea of bus enthusiast Paul Kirby, who was enjoying a summer trip along the Honister Pass in the Lake District and thought it must be one of the most scenic routes in Britain. He wondered if the transport or tourist industry had carried out any research to discover the nation's favourite bus service. To his surprise, no such survey had been undertaken and he therefore approached the larger bus companies to see if they were interested.

Paul said "I was delighted to receive a quick response from five of the largest bus companies and they were all extremely keen on the idea. The support of First, Arriva, Transdev, Go-Ahead and Stagecoach was vital if the survey was to be a success because they have over 400,000 Twitter followers between them. The survey is a simple tick-box format with passengers voting for their favourite three routes with the option of adding their own not included in the list. It is the largest survey of this type undertaken and I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Claire Walters, Chief Executive of Bus Users UK which sponsors the survey, added "The main aim of the survey is to celebrate Britain's best bus routes and encourage more people to experience the spectacular views of our rugged coastline, mountain passes, lakes, moors and dales without having to worry about driving, directions or parking. We are fortunate to still have many regular routes that serve rural communities in such a wide variety of breath-taking countryside.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/ScenicBus
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

D10

Thanks for the link, I voted for the following which are all routes I have done:

England:
840 Pickering to Whitby
X93 Scarbrorough to Middlesbrough

Wales:
5 group Bangor to Llandudno
387/8 Pembroke/Bosherston/Angle circulars (my own suggestion)

danny

The X53 is a personal favourite of mine.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Mike K

I went to vote but was disappointed to find that the 8A/8C Birmingham Inner Circle wasn't one of the options.

P419 EJW

Stagecoach Gold X4 Milton Keynes - Peterborough is a nice scenic route. It's a very long route, takes 3.5 hours one way. I didn't mind the route; it was relaxing and certainly had wonderful views.

Other Walsall Tony

In no particular order,
61   Aylesbury - Dunstable
2L   Ludlow - Kidderminster
125 Bridgnorth - Kidderminster
675 Ledbury - Malvern
442 Ashbourne - Buxton
66   Buxton - Baslow - Chesterfield
841 Stafford- Uttoxeter
        and
402/3  Uttoxeter - Burton.
Tony

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on February 17, 2018, 11:02:05 PM
I went to vote but was disappointed to find that the 8A/8C Birmingham Inner Circle wasn't one of the options.

Your sense of humour is not lost on me, great response!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Got to be 74 and 87
X96 round the wrenna
222 round nanny goat farm

MasterPlan

Haha brilliant.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Steveminor

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on February 18, 2018, 05:42:35 PM
In no particular order,
61   Aylesbury - Dunstable
2L   Ludlow - Kidderminster
125 Bridgnorth - Kidderminster
675 Ledbury - Malvern
442 Ashbourne - Buxton
66   Buxton - Baslow - Chesterfield
841 Stafford- Uttoxeter
        and
402/3  Uttoxeter - Burton.
http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/ScenicBus
Just noticed they've added the 2L now as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ashley 60171

The whole TrawsCymru network is a strong contender.

The 6/7 between Stratford and Banbury is something  I'm looking forward to doing again.

Trident 4609

I caught the full 555 (Lancaster-Keswick) on Monday. In my opinion, i'm glad it is listed. A very worthy contender.

Will

Here is a list of what routes which I think are scenic some may not be to everybody's taste but each to there own;

436:    Bridgnorth - Shrewsbury via Much Wenlock
96:      Telford - Shrewsbury via Ironbridge & Atcham
9:        Wolverhampton - Bridgnorth - Telford
297:    Bridgnorth - Kidderminster via Alveley & Upper Arley
580:    Kidderminster - Kinver
5:        Telford - Stafford via Newport
519:    Shrewsbury - Newport
294:    Kidderminster - Worcester via Stourport
291:    Kidderminster - Tenbury Wells via Bewdley
16:      Hanley - Leek - Buxton via Werrington & Cheddleton
114:    Bridgnorth - Telford via Worfield & Beckbury

Stourbridge   125

PinkBus

It made me smile!
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk