News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

INIT - Ticket Machines

Started by Jack D, September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jordan on October 26, 2017, 06:40:27 PM
what garage is next for the ticket machine fitting
Wolverhampton.
Quote from: WB Driver on October 16, 2017, 02:45:20 PM
From the person I spoke to in the know Bordesely are next followed by Wolverhampton then West Brom
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventry Transport Dude

When purchasing an Adult Daysaver from one of these new Ticket Machines on Coventry's Buses, i've noticed on a few occasions now, that at both the top and bottom of the Ticket, they seem to have a four letter word printed on them, which don't make any sense whatsoever ???  So far on the three Daysavers that i've purchased recently, i've had the words: "LOOP", "JOKE" and "TOOK" appear on them and a friend of mine has had the words: "PODS" and "BONE" !  Can anyone explain please what this is all about, as it's got a number of people here puzzled as to what they're even on there for ???

Jack

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on October 26, 2017, 08:17:14 PM
When purchasing an Adult Daysaver from one of these new Ticket Machines on Coventry's Buses, i've noticed on a few occasions now, that at both the top and bottom of the Ticket, they seem to have a four letter word printed on them, which don't make any sense whatsoever ???  So far on the three Daysavers that i've purchased recently, i've had the words: "LOOP", "JOKE" and "TOOK" appear on them and a friend of mine has had the words: "PODS" and "BONE" !  Can anyone explain please what this is all about, as it's got a number of people here puzzled as to what they're even on there for ???
I've had "DOGS" and "LENT" on Perry Barr's new tickets.

Gareth

The words change daily. Easy to spot instead of looking for the date. As long as the driver remembers what that days word is!

John

Quote from: Gareth on October 26, 2017, 08:19:28 PM
The words change daily. Easy to spot instead of looking for the date. As long as the driver remembers what that days word is!

Quite funny the other week when the word was 'Kids'. There was a radio call during the day as people were complaining thinking they had been given a Child daysaver instead of an Adult one.

Jack

Quote from: John on October 26, 2017, 08:21:24 PM
Quite funny the other week when the word was 'Kids'. There was a radio call during the day as people were complaining thinking they had been given a Child daysaver instead of an Adult one.
That happened the other week lol. A passenger wanted an Adult Daysaver and started monaning at the driver as it said 'KIDS' thinking it was a Child Daysaver, held up the bus for 5 minutes on Witton Lodge Road.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jordan on October 26, 2017, 06:40:27 PM
what garage is next for the ticket machine fitting

Why keep asking when @wbdriver has mentioned wolves and West Brom are next... on this same page scroll up!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Wolverhampton's being done now, I think it was 4588 but I could be wrong, but certainly whatever Trident I had on the 82 had one fitted.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

craighu

Hi there, apologies if I've missed this but has anyone got a photo of the new tickets? Cheers Craig

DJ

Quote from: craighu on October 31, 2017, 07:56:43 PM
Hi there, apologies if I've missed this but has anyone got a photo of the new tickets? Cheers Craig

I found one example on Flickr, a lot less paper than the old ones which is nice. Hopefully they'll still be doing the McDonalds/Burger King offers on the backs!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132355857@N02/37047683424/

John

Quote from: DJ98 on October 31, 2017, 08:03:30 PM
I found one example on Flickr, a lot less paper than the old ones which is nice. Hopefully they'll still be doing the McDonalds/Burger King offers on the backs!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132355857@N02/37047683424/

Yes some still do have the vouchers on the back

DJ

Quote from: John on October 31, 2017, 08:16:35 PM
Yes some still do have the vouchers on the back

Ah, great to hear. I've got one of the older ones from yesterday with a McDonalds voucher on, I would use it but I'm pretty sure it'll be my last ever old-style ticket, so I guess it's going away in a drawer somewhere.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on October 31, 2017, 08:27:07 PM
Ah, great to hear. I've got one of the older ones from yesterday with a McDonalds voucher on, I would use it but I'm pretty sure it'll be my last ever old-style ticket, so I guess it's going away in a drawer somewhere.
I'll be happy to see the back of them. They were so hard to read, especially in the faded blue. Not only that but they tend to crease really easy, the new tickets are way better.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on October 31, 2017, 08:48:53 PM
I'll be happy to see the back of them. They were so hard to read, especially in the faded blue. Not only that but they tend to crease really easy, the new tickets are way better.

Yeah, that's true, you can't really tell if it's valid or not when it's completely creased and scrunched up. Are there any extra security features with the new one or is it just the pattern in the background again?

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on October 31, 2017, 09:02:27 PM
Yeah, that's true, you can't really tell if it's valid or not when it's completely creased and scrunched up. Are there any extra security features with the new one or is it just the pattern in the background again?
Black font? The new ones feel a lot like a receipt, the old ones feel like a piece of messed up paper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk