News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bendi Bus rumour for 12x

Started by Twi, November 10, 2016, 08:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twi

there is a rumour flying around coventry garage that Scania Bendi busses from miller street are moving to coventry and will be used on the 12x
seems the 12x, rumour also is that the bendi's are already in coventry colours and the 12x has definatley been checked out for bendi suitability within last couple of days
anyone have any info on this

Gareth

They were all red last time I passed Miller Street.

S570

Not sure a bendi would make the turn into the train station terminus, especially given there are often cars parked there.

Even if they could, it would be a surprise given it hasn't long had new branded buses with added wifi.

JoNi

The University interchange can be crowded with buses (including shuttle buses) and i'm not sure stands are long enough for centre doors to be adjacent to pavement.
Stagecoach supervisor I spoke to commented interchange would have had been better with head on bays enabling more vehicles to board simultaneously.
There will be a new station interchange shortly.
Sounds like buses looking for route that ought to be heading to the scrapyard!

S570

Quote from: JoNi on November 11, 2016, 12:00:19 AM
The University interchange can be crowded with buses (including shuttle buses) and i'm not sure stands are long enough for centre doors to be adjacent to pavement.
Stagecoach supervisor I spoke to commented interchange would have had been better with head on bays enabling more vehicles to board simultaneously.

I'd have to agree with you there, it's not a great design. A parking bay would have been useful, so buses could at least move out of the way when they're waiting. I think the stand it used last year would be long enough, not sure now it has moved.

Out of interest @JoNi, how is the station work progressing? I've moved out of Coventry, the last I saw they had started work on the tunnel under Warwick Road.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk