News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

21 NEW Buses for De Courcey

Started by Adam 404, October 28, 2015, 09:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

winston

That's some serious investment for the size of DeCourcey

PM

Impressive fleet order as I kind of assumed TdC's bus side was in a bit of a decline vs coach side where they seem to have been doing very well. I'm going to bet they're planning to get shot of MANs!

JoNi

Doesn't give any information of type or timescale!

Mike K

Refers to hybrid systems. Streetlite micro hybrids perhaps?

PM

Quote from: Mike K on October 28, 2015, 01:16:59 PM
Refers to hybrid systems. Streetlite micro hybrids perhaps?

Euro6 StreetLite Micro Hybrids would be good to see definitely. Maybe TDC have been persuaded by lower fuel consumption and good reliability? I wouldn't be too surprised if it was Optare buses as they have previously bought off them.

Adam 404

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 28, 2015, 11:18:41 AM
Impressive fleet order as I kind of assumed TdC's bus side was in a bit of a decline vs coach side where they seem to have been doing very well. I'm going to bet they're planning to get shot of MANs!
They could be getting rid of the MAN's definitely, seen 565 today... sounded terrible! Olympian 360 wouldn't be surprising either. Also the Marshall Capital perhaps, or the 1 Citaro perhaps for a more standardised fleet.

winston

Quote from: Adam 404 on October 28, 2015, 06:50:28 PM
They could be getting rid of the MAN's definitely, seen 565 today... sounded terrible! Olympian 360 wouldn't be surprising either. Also the Marshall Capital perhaps, or the 1 Citaro perhaps for a more standardised fleet.

I've just counted 22 x MAN/MCV's, so they seem the mostly likely to be replaced and the new buses will be single deckers.

The decker fleet serving Warwick Uni is pretty old and could do with some modernizing

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Winston on October 28, 2015, 07:22:49 PM
I've just counted 22 x MAN/MCV's, so they seem the mostly likely to be replaced and the new buses will be single deckers.

The decker fleet serving Warwick Uni is pretty old and could do with some modernizing

Must be a pretty heavy piggy bank they've got on site lol.

I quite like the MCV's apart from the legroom on some. The only vehicle choice I can think of is Streetlite Max's.

winston

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 28, 2015, 07:26:54 PM
Must be a pretty heavy piggy bank they've got on site lol.

I quite like the MCV's apart from the legroom on some. The only vehicle choice I can think of is Streetlite Max's.

It is heavy for now at least.... unless of course they will be leased due to the size of the batch?

It is a big investment from them considering they've bought very little new for the main DeCourcey bus fleet

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Winston on October 28, 2015, 07:32:04 PM
It is heavy for now at least.... unless of course they will be leased due to the size of the batch?

It is a big investment from them considering they've bought very little new for the main DeCourcey bus fleet

I hadn't thought about them being leased. If maybe some sort of external subsidy but I think I'd be going abit out of my depth with that thought.

The double decker fleet has done well for it's age. I suppose Tridents aren't as old but they're not the best and would I be right to assume DDA will be an additional factor on some of them?

winston

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 28, 2015, 07:52:41 PM
I hadn't thought about them being leased. If maybe some sort of external subsidy but I think I'd be going abit out of my depth with that thought.

The double decker fleet has done well for it's age. I suppose Tridents aren't as old but they're not the best and would I be right to assume DDA will be an additional factor on some of them?

A large proportion of the Trident fleet are V-reg (ex Metroline & Abellio/Travel London), most of those are 16/17 years old

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Winston on October 28, 2015, 08:29:22 PM
A large proportion of the Trident fleet are V-reg (ex Metroline & Abellio/Travel London), most of those are 16/17 years old

When you put it that way they seem even older. I think what I meant to say that they're young compared to the Olympians and N113DRB's still on fleet. We'll see when the time comes I suppose.

winston

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 28, 2015, 11:29:58 PM
When you put it that way they seem even older. I think what I meant to say that they're young compared to the Olympians and N113DRB's still on fleet. We'll see when the time comes I suppose.

I'd forgotten they'd still got the 2 x ex Lothian F-reg Olympian's. A handful of the V-reg Tridents have only recently been put in to service with DeCourcey having been rebuilt from long term stored / withdrawn condition after Green Bus bought them from Abellio acting as a dealer and failed to sell them up until recently.

Alex

Just an idea but, could a few (2 or 3?) be for the X6? So possibly a couple of deckers, maybe (and a big maybe!) Metrodeckers or E400MMCs?  As deCourcey have but deckers from Optare before, and it wouldn't surprise me if the X6 is due a bit of an upgrade as the Olympus's have to a bit worn out after 5 years of motorway running!

I'd also hazard a guess that the single deckers could be Euro 6 Citaro's? As the last new single deckers were the 12 plate Mercedes/MCVs weren't they?

Just my thoughts, though.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk