News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Incorrect Bus Stop Information

Started by Adam 404, October 14, 2015, 06:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Westy on January 10, 2016, 09:59:30 PM
Lets hope they last longer than the blue & white ones as they get faded after so long.

Stafford Street, The Prince Northbound out of Walsall is a good example.

Something similar has been agreed for a multi-operator scheme in Burton, but with white bands at the top/bottom to increase visibility in the dark.

Kevin

Bus stop on Welsh House Farm Road for the 636 is still there.... Despite the route now numbered 99 and not actually serving that part of the road
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on January 28, 2016, 10:18:45 AM
Bus stop on Welsh House Farm Road for the 636 is still there.... Despite the route now numbered 99 and not actually serving that part of the road

Reported to relevant Centro person. Should be changed to a 'Bus Stop not in use' flag vert soon

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2016, 02:17:28 PM
Reported to relevant Centro person. Should be changed to a 'Bus Stop not in use' flag vert soon

The stop on Frampton way pheasey by the Doe Bank lane junction heading towards city as 997 listed when it actually goes up Gainsborough Avenue and misses that stop!

Also the stop outside Barr Beacon school only has 25 and 934 (936 also stops here)

Fallowfield/ Daffodil avenue, (934) since the flags were changed for platinum ones they have got rid of "and opposite" but people still wait on the opposite side.

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on January 28, 2016, 04:15:04 PM
The stop on Frampton way pheasey by the Doe Bank lane junction heading towards city as 997 listed when it actually goes up Gainsborough Avenue and misses that stop!

Also the stop outside Barr Beacon school only has 25 and 934 (936 also stops here)

Fallowfield/ Daffodil avenue, (934) since the flags were changed for platinum ones they have got rid of "and opposite" but people still wait on the opposite side.

Those have all now been reported, so should be corrected soon

uniquicity

The information pillar at the corner of Vincent Drive / Pritchatts Road is the wrong way round. The side with the arrow on directing you to the QE actually leads you to Vale Village and vice versa

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on January 29, 2016, 02:14:24 PM
The information pillar at the corner of Vincent Drive / Pritchatts Road is the wrong way round. The side with the arrow on directing you to the QE actually leads you to Vale Village and vice versa

Centro's van man is going to be busy.

That one is on the list to correct as well now

BU07 LGO

And the platinum flag had already blown off the doe bank lane stop last week, I'm not sure if it's been put back!

Stu

For reference, problems with Centro-maintained bus stops and shelters can be reported using the Network West Midlands 'Fix-It' service:
http://networkwestmidlands.com/comments/fixit.aspx

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

So is it worth reporting the faded ones or not?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on January 29, 2016, 07:12:13 PM
So is it worth reporting the faded ones or not?

The amount of faded ones around here, better just for them all to be replaced.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Noticed on Tuesday that the 67 towards the City Centre/71 towards Solihull/38 stop near the JLR and Spitfire Island, the last stop before getting to the Chester Road on Tangmere Drive has a notice up for a new 62C route in Wolverhampton from 2014.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Whilst waiting an agonising 10 minutes for an 11A this afternoon in Acocks Green, noticed that the real-time display in the Westley Road stop was still showing timetabled departure for the 40 service (now withdrawn).

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

The stop on the end of Station Street reads 87, under the 10H and 126 stickers above..
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Bob

Arriva are quite bad the last time I was at landywood the timetable listed the 68 still!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk