News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomjusttom

So i am being biased by saying that my 1805 226 Hansons is being followed by the  1750 226 diamond? as in right up the bumper!

do you work for diamond or something

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 25, 2012, 06:15:53 PM
So i am being biased by saying that my 1805 226 Hansons is being followed by the  1750 226 diamond? as in right up the bumper!

So i am being biased by noting several of the 'whiter than white' services running around 13 minutes late for some tangentally obscure reason that couldn't possibly imagined to be related to the 'other' operator being due in 2 minutes.

Yes i work for something.

When i refer to blinkered opinion, i mean if you look closely you will find things wrong with ALL operators. It's the way of the world. Feel free to knock/hate one lot, but not hat it blinkers you to others misgivings.

Tomjusttom

Another case in point. When diamond initially started on daytime services 1 minute before Hansons, half the drivers of diamond almost hitting twm and Hansons buses.

Some diamond drivers taking diversions via ASDA petrol station with passengers on.

Diamond loading up on the incorrect stand and blocking in everything else like twm.

Diamond drivers running early.

Yes I've seen faults with Hansons but not the likes of 10-20 minutes early on a hourly Sunday service. My colleagues and my partners colleagues have seen numerous faults with diamond. So i am not alone in this

Ash

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 25, 2012, 04:52:12 PM
And its £2.20 for a Hansons return. Still significantly cheaper then them lot who claim to be swift but in reality put solos on!

If its £2.20 for a return how come its says £2 return on the front of there buses or has it increased recently for which i wouldnt have known and you would be correct.

PM

The thing is I like both Hanson's and Diamond, but can't help feeling in this case that the swift 226 has not been run professionally and is a case of muscle in on a not particularly busy service that a small operator has built up. And accidents happen to all operators no matter their calibre

Tomjusttom

The price part of the sticker has been removed. Notices are inside

Ash

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 25, 2012, 06:58:47 PM
The price part of the sticker has been removed. Notices are inside

Thanks for the information Tomjusttom havent been to Merry Hill or Dudley for a while so havent seen the buses recently.

bususer12

Quote from: Discodave on September 25, 2012, 10:19:21 AM
passenger power works the non compliant diamond buses are going hooray

Nothing on VOSA, who have you heard this off?

sonic84

Quote from: Peter123 on September 25, 2012, 06:58:12 PM
The thing is I like both Hanson's and Diamond, but can't help feeling in this case that the swift 226 has not been run professionally and is a case of muscle in on a not particularly busy service that a small operator has built up. And accidents happen to all operators no matter their calibre

I've not really been able to take to Diamond since their predecessors Birmingham Coach Company tried to muscle in on Ludlow's back in 1997.  The registered on every single route operated by Ludlows, cleverly timed 5 minutes infront of the existing service.  They even went as far as to offer cheaper fares - and even free travel on all services for the first week they operated.

As can be expected their services were busy while the free travel promotion was on, but for the large part passengers remained loyal to Ludlow's and within 6/7 months they withdrew off all services.  I can remember some shocking journeys on the 417 and drivers continually tried to block in the other and overtake each other down the Hagley Road.

Its almost quite ironic that Ludlows ended up being sold to the company that once tried to run it off the road, and that over half of their routes have no longer exist.

A

Discodave

Quote from: bususer12 on September 28, 2012, 01:14:38 AM
Quote from: Discodave on September 25, 2012, 10:19:21 AM
passenger power works the non compliant diamond buses are going hooray

Nothing on VOSA, who have you heard this off?

Look at earlier posts before slagging people off was replying to the comment in jest as Diamond were the bully on the 226

Jay

they always do this
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Tomjusttom

Quote from: jondoakley on September 28, 2012, 05:34:46 PM

they always do this

Like flies round...

Roy

In case anybody is interested, Hanson's now have their own website at www.hansonslocalbus.co.uk

PM

Quote from: Roy on October 06, 2012, 09:16:07 PM
In case anybody is interested, Hanson's now have their own website at www.hansonslocalbus.co.uk

Always thought they should! Great operator and the bit about having a strong enthusiast following is dead on!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk