News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wembley86

i think the dudley line needs to be done in bite size,  (1) WGS - Great Bridge, (2) WGS - Great Bridge extend to Dudley

Solo1

Express & star tonight has a bit on the metro
having wi fi by 2018

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 18, 2015, 02:46:19 PM
Can't see what route they would take between the Airport and Solihull? At one point I'm sure there was a extension from The City Centre to The Airport planned would make a bit more sense than Airport to Solihull if it went from the City Centre to Solihull and went thought the Airport on the way.

That must be an error in the article, as I have seen no proposals for a Metro line between Solihull and the Airport. Don't forget, the Airport is actually in Solihull anyway. ;)

The long-term aim for the Airport Metro line is to have it run through to Coventry, but this will be some years off, and there were no firm proposals for the exact route between the Airport and Coventry.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 19, 2015, 07:10:38 PM
That must be an error in the article, as I have seen no proposals for a Metro line between Solihull and the Airport. Don't forget, the Airport is actually in Solihull anyway. ;)

The long-term aim for the Airport Metro line is to have it run through to Coventry, but this will be some years off, and there were no firm proposals for the exact route between the Airport and Coventry.
Oh thanks for that @Stu one thing I question about that line is could that eventually see the end of the 900.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BU07 LGO

out of curiosity how many people use the metro? everytime I go on it seems empty but never use it during the peaks

Alex

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 19, 2015, 09:10:23 PM
out of curiosity how many people use the metro? everytime I go on it seems empty but never use it during the peaks

On the 7:34am trip off Bilston Central I sometimes get during the holidays, it's being standing loads, all seats taken, most standing space taken as well, by the time you reach Wednesbury Parkway.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

AV4248

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 19, 2015, 09:10:23 PM

@BU07 LGO - Regular standing loads during the peaks, especially in the mornings. Daytime isn't so bad. Only really go on it from the Snow Hill side not sure how busy it is by Wolverhampton.

uniquicity

The route maps above the doors have been removed from tram 33.

uniquicity

Quote from: uniquicity on September 07, 2015, 04:36:13 PM

Posted this minutes before it broke at Snow Hill with dodgy doors

AV4248

Quote from: uniquicity on September 07, 2015, 04:36:13 PM

Posted this minutes before it broke at Snow Hill with dodgy doors

A few trams I've seen have got door problems. Not sure which ones but some have been covered in red and white tape, obviously not in use for whatever reason.

uniquicity

Quote from: AV4248 on September 07, 2015, 06:34:36 PM
A few trams I've seen have got door problems. Not sure which ones but some have been covered in red and white tape, obviously not in use for whatever reason.

Seem to recall this being 27

uniquicity

Tram 35 is now out in service :)

windy miller

Trams 18,20,21,24,26,27,28,31,33,34,35 all seen in service today, (Thursday) 11am to 1pm  with frequent (6-7min) intervals en route.  There were several others stabled up at wednesbury depot UID.  still no sign of trams 17/36/37? ???
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

uniquicity

Tram 36 out being tested today

Stuharris 6360

Is the extension still due to open before the end of the year!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk