News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Stuharris 6360

From Network West Midland website

"Friday 25 March through to and including Monday 28 March

Midland Metro will operate between Wolverhampton St George's and Birmingham Snow Hill stop.

The new stop at Snow Hill will be open temporarily to allow easier access to Birmingham city centre over Easter weekend. Access to Snow Hill stop is via Snow Hill Queensway."

Surely if it's safe to open the stop for a weekend, it's ok to open it full stop!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 15, 2016, 01:57:29 PM
From Network West Midland website

"Friday 25 March through to and including Monday 28 March

Midland Metro will operate between Wolverhampton St George's and Birmingham Snow Hill stop.

The new stop at Snow Hill will be open temporarily to allow easier access to Birmingham city centre over Easter weekend. Access to Snow Hill stop is via Snow Hill Queensway."

Surely if it's safe to open the stop for a weekend, it's ok to open it full stop!

Its basically an excuse so they can test it

uniquicity

Well Snow Hill will only have one platform ready by next Friday so can only be used as a terminus anyway... When Bull Street is back open it couldn't be used for both directions, seeing as the other side will be a building site so not safe for passengers.

Stevo

They're digging up the points in Bull Street that have been in use for months - anyone any idea why?

T840MAK

Quote from: Stevo on March 26, 2016, 07:54:31 PM
They're digging up the points in Bull Street that have been in use for months - anyone any idea why?

I assume they were temporary points and this weekend's work is to allow the extension to be connected to what's already open, so I assume running empty to New Street and turning there?
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Stevo

I wonder if they'll be able to run to Stephenson Street before the April 23 testing date.

John

Solo1

Quote from: John on March 28, 2016, 01:36:16 PM
Car and tram crash yesterday at Priestfield

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-35910663
the trams have been running for years how can he not see
the tram &the trams tracks

Dom

And the fact the tram would of been indicating so it is a bit hard to miss.

uniquicity

Noted tram 37 out this morning

Edit: in service before some smart arse comment about testing

Midland Metro was only operating between Priestfield and Wednesbury Parkway earlier today due to flooding and debris on tracks.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

uniquicity

Tram 26 is leaking water from air con unit, but still soldering on in service 😜

uniquicity

Got chucked off at Benson Road in the end...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk