News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Problems with the overhead wires between Black Lake and Dudley Street today means no trams between the 2 stations. People have to walk between the two stations, with trams from either directions terminating at their respective station.

I don't know if this was related, but there was no conductors on either of the 2 trams I got on today. Normal for a Sunday service? (I couldn't imagine so)

wembley86

If only they had Supercapacitors on the ubro3 trams. Then services could be run normally during  overhead problems.

Stevo

How did they turn back at Dudley Street? The first crossover is the other side of West Bromwich Central - did they run wrong line to there?

John

Quote from: Stevo on April 06, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
How did they turn back at Dudley Street? The first crossover is the other side of West Bromwich Central - did they run wrong line to there?

Yes, we had to use the Wolverhampton bound Platform at West Brom heading back to Birmingham

wembley86

contractor markings on broad st outside the new library, looks like work could be starting in the summer.   

Stu

Quote from: wembley86 on April 07, 2015, 08:56:20 PM
contractor markings on broad st outside the new library, looks like work could be starting in the summer.

Could be for works associated with Sprint too.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

wembley86

Quote from: Stu on April 07, 2015, 09:11:54 PM
Could be for works associated with Sprint too.
markings outside new library reflect both metro and sprint as the markings also appear on hagley road,  currently water pipes are been moved on the broad street section ready for when metro/sprint works start.

uniquicity

Tram 28 is now in service :)

broma1k

Seen at Snow Hill yesterday lunchtime were trams 18/19/21/23/25-29/32 in service

Stevo

I rode from Snow Hill to St Georges this morning and there were no T69s out at all.

uniquicity

Tara4352

Quote from: uniquicity on June 03, 2015, 08:32:01 AM
Tram 30 is now out.
As is 31 as it arrived into Snow Hill and it displayed NOT IN SERVICE with a full load of passengers

winston

NX have signed a 'Transforming Tram Travel' partnership with Centro with 50 pledges up to 2018:
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-news/2015/08/17/midland-metro-fare-rises-to-be-capped-as-tram-future-outlined/

Breakdown of pledges:

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on August 18, 2015, 01:25:13 PM
NX have signed a 'Transforming Tram Travel' partnership with Centro with 50 pledges up to 2018:
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-news/2015/08/17/midland-metro-fare-rises-to-be-capped-as-tram-future-outlined/

Hopefully the Wednesbury to Brierley Hill /merry hill will happen. Will provide a faster link in Birmingham. Any news about the brierley hill to stourbridge reopening?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: Chris on August 18, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Hopefully the Wednesbury to Brierley Hill /merry hill will happen. Will provide a faster link in Birmingham. Any news about the brierley hill to stourbridge reopening?
Can't see what route they would take between the Airport and Solihull? At one point I'm sure there was a extension from The City Centre to The Airport planned would make a bit more sense than Airport to Solihull if it went from the City Centre to Solihull and went thought the Airport on the way.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk