News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

A VAMOOZ Plaxton President was sighted on the school 848 yesterday afternoon.

DeanM66A

Quote from: P419 EJW on March 21, 2018, 08:22:32 AM
A VAMOOZ Plaxton President was sighted on the school 848 yesterday afternoon.
Have any of the VAMOOZes actually Vamoozed or do they just do school services?  The only one I've seen was running empty round about school chucking-out time and the destination was a phone number.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69947186@N08/39136128930/in/dateposted/

Quote from: DeanM66A on March 21, 2018, 10:06:40 PM
Have any of the VAMOOZes actually Vamoozed or do they just do school services?  The only one I've seen was running empty round about school chucking-out time and the destination was a phone number.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69947186@N08/39136128930/in/dateposted/
First Vamooz is to Alton Towers on Friday 30th March, with pickups from Birmingham, Erdington, Wylde Green and Sutton Coldfield.
https://twitter.com/The_Green_Bus/status/973971022591471619

https://twitter.com/goVAMOOZ/status/976538673855557632
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DeanM66A

Quote from: 2206 on March 21, 2018, 10:15:53 PM
First Vamooz is to Alton Towers on Friday 30th March, with pickups from Birmingham, Erdington, Wylde Green and Sutton Coldfield.
https://twitter.com/The_Green_Bus/status/973971022591471619

https://twitter.com/goVAMOOZ/status/976538673855557632

The first of those twitter links states that the trip is available to Queen Mary's pupils (and presumably nobody else).  So what's the difference between this Vamooz to Fawlty Towers and Queen Mary's Schools hiring a coach from any Walsall coach operator for a day trip to Fawlty Towers?

Quote from: DeanM66A on March 22, 2018, 11:07:00 AM
The first of those twitter links states that the trip is available to Queen Mary's pupils (and presumably nobody else).  So what's the difference between this Vamooz to Fawlty Towers and Queen Mary's Schools hiring a coach from any Walsall coach operator for a day trip to Fawlty Towers?
It looks to me like its open to anyone and they're trying to get  Queen Mary's pupils in Walsall to book tickets. The vamooz twitter says nothing about it only being open to certain people.
If it was only open to Queen Mary's pupils then surely the pickup point would be Queen Marys and not Birmingham, Wylde Green, Erdington and Sutton Coldfield.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on March 22, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
It looks to me like its open to anyone and they're trying to get  Queen Mary's pupils in Walsall to book tickets.
If it was only open to Queen Mary's pupils then surely the pickup point would be Queen Marys and not Birmingham, Wylde Green, Erdington and Sutton Coldfield.

Most QM kids live in Sutton and Brum so actually makes sense to me (was my old school)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DeanM66A

Quote from: 2206 on March 22, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
It looks to me like its open to anyone and they're trying to get  Queen Mary's pupils in Walsall to book tickets. The vamooz twitter says nothing about it only being open to certain people.
This is what it says on the Green Bus Twitter:

Our first VAMOOZ trip to @altontowers on Friday 30 March 2018 picks up in Birmingham, Erdington, Wylde Green, and Sutton Coldfield and is available to pupils at @qmgs1554 and @QMHSOFFICIAL. Download the @goVAMOOZ app for more info!

My interpretation of that is that this is exclusively for QM pupils.

The Vamooz Twitter doesn't say anything specific.  It seems to be necessary to download the app to find out more.  So I've lost interest.  ;D

P419 EJW

V104 MOA is the bus to Alton Towers today.

metrocity

Quote from: DeanM66A on March 22, 2018, 07:51:38 PM
This is what it says on the Green Bus Twitter:

Our first VAMOOZ trip to @altontowers on Friday 30 March 2018 picks up in Birmingham, Erdington, Wylde Green, and Sutton Coldfield and is available to pupils at @qmgs1554 and @QMHSOFFICIAL. Download the @goVAMOOZ app for more info!

My interpretation of that is that this is exclusively for QM pupils.

The Vamooz Twitter doesn't say anything specific.  It seems to be necessary to download the app to find out more.  So I've lost interest.  ;D
The trip carried less than 10 passengers in the end so I don't think you were the only one

Quote from: metrocity on April 13, 2018, 03:24:06 PM
The trip carried less than 10 passengers in the end so I don't think you were the only one
Not many people are going to be looking at the Green Bus Twitter Page or Vamooz Twitter Page either, to find out about these trips, if they wanted to use it.
Most in the West Midlands have probably never heard of Vamooz.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

metrocity

Quote from: 2206 on April 13, 2018, 03:26:19 PM
Not many people are going to be looking at the Green Bus Twitter Page or Vamooz Twitter Page either, to find out about these trips, if they wanted to use it.
Most in the West Midlands have probably never heard of Vamooz.
The principle of VAMOOZ is good. I'm sure it will be a success providing Greenbus invest money in a robust marketing campaign

115 was in Stechford (30 minutes late, looking at the timetable) at 08:00 on the 844 this morning.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

jc

Vamooz trip to Potteries Bus & Coach Rally and Running Day - 24th June 2018

With no running days on in the West Midlands that weekend, why not join us to the Potteries?

Taking a former National Express Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7TL for some rare Motorway usage, we will zoom from Birmingham to Stafford and beyond to Stoke on Trent.

We will be making Pick Ups in Birmingham, Perry Barr, Walsall and Stafford.

07:40 - GreenBus Depot, Hockley.

08:00 - Birmingham Station Street (NS13)

08:10 - Perry Barr, Railway Station

08:20 - Great Barr, Scotts Arms (Outside Greggs)

08:30 - Walsall, Hatherton Road (Coach Pick Up)

09:10 - Stafford Railway Station

09:50 - Arrival at Potteries Bus & Coach Rally and Running Day

While here we will be operating a couple of trips on behalf of the event

17:00 - Departure on return.

By following the X51 route out of Birmingham to Walsall, if anyone wishes to board/Alight between the main points please let us know in advance

Prices start at £10 and reduce as more people join the trip!

Why not join us? When you download the Vamooz App, you get £5 of your first trip - Taking the price from £10 and cutting it in half!!

So why not join us!

Sorry folks, original poster was wrong, now correct one with correct date added

metrocity

Quote from: jc on April 26, 2018, 12:53:43 PM
Vamooz trip to Potteries Bus & Coach Rally and Running Day - 24th June 2018

With no running days on in the West Midlands that weekend, why not join us to the Potteries?

Taking a former National Express Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7TL for some rare Motorway usage, we will zoom from Birmingham to Stafford and beyond to Stoke on Trent.

We will be making Pick Ups in Birmingham, Perry Barr, Walsall and Stafford.

07:40 - GreenBus Depot, Hockley.

08:00 - Birmingham Station Street (NS13)

08:10 - Perry Barr, Railway Station

08:20 - Great Barr, Scotts Arms (Outside Greggs)

08:30 - Walsall, Hatherton Road (Coach Pick Up)

09:10 - Stafford Railway Station

09:50 - Arrival at Potteries Bus & Coach Rally and Running Day

While here we will be operating a couple of trips on behalf of the event

17:00 - Departure on return.

By following the X51 route out of Birmingham to Walsall, if anyone wishes to board/Alight between the main points please let us know in advance

Prices start at £10 and reduce as more people join the trip!

Why not join us? When you download the Vamooz App, you get £5 of your first trip - Taking the price from £10 and cutting it in half!!

So why not join us!

Sorry folks, original poster was wrong, now correct one with correct date added

If they are anything like they were at NX then they will be 'zooming' at 40mph up the motorway !

jc

Gearbox's and Engines have been modified to remove the lower restriction, obviously still restricted within the law but allows better use when on Private Hires on stuff like A roads and Motorways

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk