News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 12, 2017, 08:52:13 PM
Have you ever thought nx maybe running low on compliant buses. Putting an omnilink on a bus that doesn't go into centre could be deemed a waste as they may be needed to run on services entering Birmingham.
The 127/8 are routes that get Omnilinks a lot because of WB not having enough compliant Deckers. Though they do cope just like the 0405N's did, it was the Peaks they got rammed.

Believe me now PB have enough standard Deckers parked in the garage weekdays. The photo of 731 on the 19/9/17 shows a spare Gemini and ALX400 parked up alongside spare Omnilinks in case vehicles are going to breakdown.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 09:22:08 PM
The 127/8 are routes that get Omnilinks a lot because of WB not having enough compliant Deckers. Though they do cope just like the 0405N's did, it was the Peaks they got rammed.

Believe me now PB have enough standard Deckers parked in the garage weekdays. The photo of 731 on the 19/9/17 shows a spare Gemini and ALX400 parked up alongside spare Omnilinks in case vehicles are going to breakdown.

You really do not know what you are talking about.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2017, 09:40:02 PM
You really do not know what you are talking about.
No I don't obviously. Neither does the allocator throwing E200's on the Peak 52's.

Sh4318

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 09:22:08 PM

...that's not why they get Omnilinks
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 09:42:57 PM
No I don't obviously. Neither does the allocator throwing E200's on the Peak 52's.

Feel like @Trident 4194 has been rubbing off on you...

Let's set a scenario in the yard there is a E200 SWB  (working fine) an Omnilink (has a defect and needs work) an alx400 that's not compliant.

The allocator has a choice, send a E200 out so the board is fully covered replace it when the Omnilink is fixed, think ah it will not cope with the loads so let's let the 52 boards run with a missing bus until the Omnilink is fixed and lose money and gain complaints or send in a non compliant bus and potentially get a fine?

JUST BECAUSE there is deckers in the garage does not mean there are standing there for no reason, there are several reasons why they are there...

I feel like some kids have a business degree and know how a business works. Tony has been in this job for years and has way more knowledge about the bus company than you and even though he provides you with FACTS you still have something else to say....

It's not always about the 52/4H or what ever you catch the most

I catch the X10 and I'd rather have a bus appear even if it's not a platinum, I mean hell @karl724223 should ask for a SWB E200 to be on the X10 and I bet people will be happy a bus appears than wait an extra 20 mins for another bus!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Quote from: Chris on November 13, 2017, 10:38:41 PM
Feel like @Trident 4194 has been rubbing off on you...

Let's set a scenario in the yard there is a E200 SWB  (working fine) an Omnilink (has a defect and needs work) an alx400 that's not compliant.

The allocator has a choice, send a E200 out so the board is fully covered replace it when the Omnilink is fixed, think ah it will not cope with the loads so let's let the 52 boards run with a missing bus until the Omnilink is fixed and lose money and gain complaints or send in a non compliant bus and potentially get a fine?

JUST BECAUSE there is deckers in the garage does not mean there are standing there for no reason, there are several reasons why they are there...

I feel like some kids have a business degree and know how a business works. Tony has been in this job for years and has way more knowledge about the bus company than you and even though he provides you with FACTS you still have something else to say....

It's not always about the 52/4H or what ever you catch the most

I catch the X10 and I'd rather have a bus appear even if it's not a platinum, I mean hell @karl724223 should ask for a SWB E200 to be on the X10 and I bet people will be happy a bus appears than wait an extra 20 mins for another bus!
It's has been mentioned that NX are occasionally allowed to send a non-compliant Decker into the City. I agree that a bus is better than nothing, but putting a stumpy out on a busy Peak board is not on and people have complained about there being no seats and unreliability. I never say anything is always about the 52. I've seen worst on other routes. No I don't moan about buses being 2 minutes late on the 4H/9, or buses running NIS for no reason. I'd rather wait 20 minutes for the next bus then catch a rammed E200 which has no standing room. No he's not been rubbing off on me. I'm not half arsed.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on November 13, 2017, 11:04:40 PM
It's has been mentioned that NX are occasionally allowed to send a non-compliant Decker into the City. I agree that a bus is better than nothing, but putting a stumpy out on a busy Peak board is not on and people have complained about there being no seats and unreliability. I never say anything is always about the 52. I've seen worst on other routes. No I don't moan about buses being 2 minutes late on the 4H/9, or buses running NIS for no reason. I'd rather wait 20 minutes for the next bus then catch a rammed E200 which has no standing room. No he's not been rubbing off on me. I'm not half arsed.

That's just you though, a lot of people would presumably rather get the first one that turns up and stand, rather than wait 20 minutes for the next one, especially in winter. Look at it this way, if you're commuting to work, would you rather get the first one that arrives and stand, or wait 20 minutes in the cold just to get one where you can have a seat, and probably arrive late?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on November 14, 2017, 03:09:35 AM
That's just you though, a lot of people would presumably rather get the first one that turns up and stand, rather than wait 20 minutes for the next one, especially in winter. Look at it this way, if you're commuting to work, would you rather get the first one that arrives and stand, or wait 20 minutes in the cold just to get one where you can have a seat, and probably arrive late?
I would rather get the first bus if there is room to stand, but when it's completely rammed then I'd rather wait for the next bus. Or just catch a 51 then a 28.

Dutsey

I would like the reintroduction of the 345/349 routes around Norton Canes. It would make life easier for myself.

On a serious note I am very surprised there is no presence in Norton Canes for NXWM.

Westy

Quote from: Dutsey on November 14, 2017, 01:10:57 PM
I would like the reintroduction of the 345/349 routes around Norton Canes. It would make life easier for myself.

On a serious note I am very surprised there is no presence in Norton Canes for NXWM.

There could have been if that one option on the 937 peak journeys on the last review had been taken up.

Take it you're not a fan of Arriva & their half assed attempts to run a bus service!

Dom

Quote from: Jack on November 14, 2017, 07:34:00 AM
I would rather get the first bus if there is room to stand, but when it's completely rammed then I'd rather wait for the next bus. Or just catch a 51 then a 28.

If the driver is stopping to load passengers then there is room.

Quote from: Dom on November 14, 2017, 06:24:17 PM
If the driver is stopping to load passengers then there is room.
Not always, some will stop with an overcrowded bus.
Others will stop and let the bus become to overcrowded until they then switch the engine of and tell people to get off and tell them that they aren't going anywhere till they get of.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2017, 07:01:39 PM
Not always, some will stop with an overcrowded bus.
Others will stop and let the bus become to overcrowded until they then switch the engine of and tell people to get off and tell them that they aren't going anywhere till they get of.
That is a common site on both the 8 and 11. I know it won't happen but the 8 needs Deckers. The Omnilinks can't cope in the Peaks, the Merc's weren't any better either, but it will never happen because of the height restriction at Bordesley.

MW

Quote from: Jack on November 14, 2017, 08:16:23 PM
That is a common site on both the 8 and 11. I know it won't happen but the 8 needs Deckers. The Omnilinks can't cope in the Peaks, the Merc's weren't any better either, but it will never happen because of the height restriction at Bordesley.

Where's the height restriction in Bordesley?

Quote from: MW on November 14, 2017, 08:40:21 PM
Where's the height restriction in Bordesley?
The Garage. Deckers can't enter the garage.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk