News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Preserved Buses Sightings

Started by the trainbasher, September 27, 2014, 11:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Any preserved buses sighted in here

JOV714P spotted opposite the Bathams at the top of Blowers Green Road/Queens Cross in Dudley at 1128.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Wumpty

2685 - A685UOE at Wolverhampton garage yesterday.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Ashley

Quote from: Wumpty on September 30, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

Hasn't been touched for five and a half years, guessing it moved over on a tow truck

Wumpty

Quote from: Ashley on October 05, 2014, 11:31:28 AM
Quote from: Wumpty on September 30, 2014, 04:48:41 PM

Hasn't been touched for five and a half years, guessing it moved over on a tow truck

How do you know it's not been touched? Have you been on the bus itself?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Niall

There was a Birmingham Standard taking part in what looked like filming on the junction of Margaret Street and Cornwall Street in the city centre this evening - lots of very old vehicles parked around the streets.

Also saw a green single decker going round Stourbridge Ring Road last Saturday.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Gareth

Quote from: N94 on November 16, 2014, 11:03:08 PM
There was a Birmingham Standard taking part in what looked like filming on the junction of Margaret Street and Cornwall Street in the city centre this evening - lots of very old vehicles parked around the streets.

I think it was probably filming as those roads were closed today. I wonder if it's another series of WPC56? Using non standard 'standard' 3002.

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on November 17, 2014, 01:37:04 AM
Quote from: N94 on November 16, 2014, 11:03:08 PM

I think it was probably filming as those roads were closed today. I wonder if it's another series of WPC56? Using non standard 'standard' 3002.

Read in the paper that there is a new series of that being filmed at the mo.

They were filming at the Black Country Museum too.

(Hope the new female lead actress is up to the standard of the old one!)

Gareth

I work in the Jewellery Quarter almost opposite where they film their 'police station'. We've even helped the BBC out on occasion if they need something they've forgotten. I'll keep an eye out for vintage bus sightings.

D10

I've just seen a picture taken in the week at the Black Country Living Museum, it looks like the preserved West Bromwich Daimler DD will be putting in an appearance on screen in WPC56!  :)

karl724223

There was a routemaster in netherton about 1645 outside ma pardoes pub yesterday

the trainbasher

Quote from: karl724223 on November 23, 2014, 08:27:01 PM
There was a routemaster in netherton about 1645 outside ma pardoes pub yesterday

Was this the RMC that was seen?

RMC1490 490CLT - http://www.busphotography.co.uk/picture.php?/10809/category/238&;

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Trident 4609

Gareth

I think it's Wythalls pre Christmas pub crawl today.

Rob H

London Routemaster passed through Yardley Swan at 9am heading towards Sheldon couldn't get ID.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk